New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lion this year
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So, can I hunt a lion and apply for an import permit if successful without running afoul of anything? And what do those of you in the know think about the success of getting a permit after the animal is already down? Thanks.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are lion import permits being occasionally issued.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

Tried to send you a PM, but not successfully. Would like your thoughts on this. Can you send me a PM?

Just saw this and sent you an e-mail.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Sept 2018 lion is finally in Houston and about to be cleared later this week. My import permit has nearly expired 8/13/21……

There were many COVID issues getting it out as the export permit had expired and all of the paperwork
had to be redone. Fortunately for me my lion was still in Zim when that was done. There were about
a dozen or so in SA at the expediter’s when their permits expired.

I did not apply for my import permit til after I came back. I used Conservation Force for my paperwork.

In addition to COVID F&W was going to all ePermits which also resulted in a slow down of permit issuance.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Lane,

Tried to send you a PM, but not successfully. Would like your thoughts on this. Can you send me a PM?

Just saw this and sent you an e-mail.

Just saw this and sent you a PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Refresh. In 2021, big lion showed up on bait day after I flew out and a first timer from Europe shot him. He's thinking there's nothing to this lion hunting.

Going again this year. I have John Jackson's card in my wallet and hoping for the best.