26 October 2011, 18:15
Saeed
Niassa Reserve Lion Hunting Regulations
Niassa Reserv Lion Hunting Regulations

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
26 October 2011, 23:39
Bwanamich
What is interesting is that they seem to allow the taking of a male lion part of pride with cubs or dependant young so long as it is deemed over 6 yo.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset
27 October 2011, 00:09
JohnHunt
If Packer is correct then that should be of no overall consequience to the wild lion population (the possible resulting death of cubs).

I like this system. Any idea on how it is working?
27 October 2011, 04:25
ledvm
I asked Saeed to paste it to the top here as I refer to it often.

It is working very well and Craig Packer endorses it as the gold standard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.
27 October 2011, 08:03
505 gibbs
quote:
PH's recieve no decrease in quota for not shooting a lion.

I would be curious to know the effects of this vs. Zambia's policy of penalizing the PH's if 60% of quota is not filled?
27 October 2011, 12:53
Bwanamich
Brad, I may be wrong, but believe that the 60% minimum is based on the value of total quota (i.e. all animals issued on quota)? In Tz this minimum is 40%.

So you can easily not shoot a single lion but still make your minimum by harvesting 60% of the rest of your quota.

(edited original post)

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset
03 March 2013, 12:03
ozhunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Ry5SZGXwE