New
Find
Notify
Tools

Come ye all critics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, I believe many people including myself understand the differences between deer and lions.

I just use the deer as an example of a species, that even though it is not endangered or close to being put on any CITIES list.

It is however a species that serious hunters have spent a lot of time and money educating the public about.

Until you and Lane and your other associates formed the LCTF, all any one was interested in was just shooting a lion. No thought was given about the naturally physiology of the animals, and the impacts to the overall population thru the indiscriment shooting of male lions of any age.

Now that your group has began trying to inform hunters, including PH's as to the actual effects, good or bad, of their choice in the lion they shoot, is going to be accepted by people on a varying scale.

Some will get on board quickly, some will be harder to convince.

With some folks, there will have to be some patience exercized, simply because some people do not like change.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Aaron, I believe many people including myself understand the differences between deer and lions.

I just use the deer as an example of a species, that even though it is not endangered or close to being put on any CITIES list.

It is however a species that serious hunters have spent a lot of time and money educating the public about.

Until you and Lane and your other associates formed the LCTF, all any one was interested in was just shooting a lion. No thought was given about the naturally physiology of the animals, and the impacts to the overall population thru the indiscriment shooting of male lions of any age.

Now that your group has began trying to inform hunters, including PH's as to the actual effects, good or bad, of their choice in the lion they shoot, is going to be accepted by people on a varying scale.

Some will get on board quickly, some will be harder to convince.

With some folks, there will have to be some patience exercized, simply because some people do not like change.

CHC - Some excellent points, your last 3 sentences in particular!

Fact is though, this issue facing the lion was fairly well known long before the LCTF jumped on the band wagon. Especially amongst the PH/African hunting industry. Some have chosen to recognize and conform, and as you say, others have been more resistent to change. I only hope the need for change will be recognized by all, before the choice to change is completely out of our hands.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope folks do come to the realization that getting the lions "Protected", in the manner that is being considered will only bring about their extinction at a much more accelerated speed.

It is a shame that people with actually knowledge and experience are the last ones listened to in matters such as this.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
It is a shame that people with actually knowledge and experience are the last ones listened to in matters such as this.

Boy ain't that the truth! An obvious fact that can be observed by looking at the other thread going on at the moment. One which I finally had to step away from before I really said something stupid.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post