THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Conservation  Hop To Forums  African Lions Hunting Management And Ecology    RGULATIONS FOR LION HUNTING IN NIASSA NATIONAL RESERVE

Moderators: Aaron Neilson, ledvm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RGULATIONS FOR LION HUNTING IN NIASSA NATIONAL RESERVE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
REGULATIONS FOR LION HUNTING IN NIASSA NATIONAL RESERVE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am planning to hunt them there next July and can't wait. Hope I can find an gnarly old guy...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know very little about the Niassa, Do I understand that these regulations are for hunting lion actually IN the reserve? Are they required, enforced or used/adopted by anyone in the areas bordering the reserve?

Posts: 5170 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there is organized hunting in the properties bordering the Niassa Reserve?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong...but I think Kambako has block B in the reserve and a bordering area Coutada Nicage..They have killed one lion and 2 leopards this month. Hope one of the leopards was ozhunter.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the same point system used in the areas bordering the reserve? Is that done voluntarily or required by the government?