Tools

young ele...why not young lion???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:
looking only to "control" others and what they are/should be allowed to hunt. It really has nothing to do with lion conservation, its all about the POWER of control.

[/QUOTE]

Brad - Obviously I think your stance on the two different issues is hypocritical, you obviously think its rational, we disagree.

Man, numerous times you've called us Zealots and told us we are just trying to control hunters/hunting, now you act like you have no idea what I'm talking about????

As for my last quote, which you took only 3/4 of the sentence, so it would fit into your context, really man?? Now were playing word games? Ok, done with you on this one. You win, I lose again.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brad - Obviously I think your stance on the two different issues is hypocritical, you obviously think its rational, we disagree.

Actually Aaron, I have not taken a "stance" on the reason, I simply listed multiple reasons as to why the difference response. I didn't say they were right or wrong. You simply asked for an explanation, I simply gave several simple explananations.

Man, numerous times you've called us Zealots and told us we are just trying to control hunters/hunting, now you act like you have no idea what I'm talking about????

You are correct, multiple times I have referred to some of the members of your organization as "zealots", have I in this thread? I have not taken a side in this thread, rather I have offered potential answers to questions you have posed. I am not "acting" like anything, rather I am trying to not let past circumstances hinder communication on the present thread. I am sure Lane and I could get fired up again at each other, but what purpose would that serve?

As for my last quote, which you took only 3/4 of the sentence, so it would fit into your context, really man?? Now were playing word games? Ok, done with you on this one. You win, I lose again.

Aaron Neilson

I only took 3/4 of the sentence because that is the only part that was pertinent to what I was asking. I will attach the entire quote below, but would still like an answer to my question. As for your final statement, what did I win and where can I pick it up?

quote:
The Entire quote by Aaron Neilson:
You're right again Brad. I forgot, we're Zealots, looking only to "control" others and what they are/should be allowed to hunt. It really has nothing to do with lion conservation, its all about the POWER of control.

Posts: 5170 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since elephants are over populated in most of Zimbabwe, the shooting of a young bull elephant is not abhorrent in my mind. If it is taken as a management bull or crop raider and as a non-exportable animal, then fine. The problem arises when a client has to pay a very high trophy fee for such a small animal. My objection to it being shot is not a question of good elephant management. With lion we are dealing with another issue, in that in this case it definitely is a management issue. No doubt the shooting of a young lion is more egregious then shooting a young bull elephant.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.465 H&H,

I agree with most of what you write. And...you actually strengthen my point...which was: With all the outcry over a calf ele being shot...why isn't there more support on this board for NOT shooting <5 year old lions...especially the 2 & 3 year olds.

They DO need our help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, its simple.

Most people can't tell the difference.

To them, a lion is a lion.

Unfortunately, some folks don't want to try and become educated, either.

I do think this point is getting across in the hunting community albeit slowly.

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree that the education aspect is of great importance. It would help if the various hunting show companies would take the time to explain how the PH has gone about determining that a lion shot on video was indeed a shootable lion. There is a very large audience of potential lion hunters watching these videos. Perhaps a letter to them from some lion conservation organization requesting that they do this would be helpful.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post