New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boddington Article in Safari Magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Boddington wrote a pretty good article about human/lion conflict in the latest article of Safari Magazine from SCI. Talks quite a bit of what is happening now in terms of human lion conflict, and what we can expect more of if the lion is uplisted.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
is happening now in terms of human lion conflict,

and that is the real threat to lions, and I am not talking about conflict with hunters. In fact, hunters are a direct counteraction to that very threat. The more we talk about those issues, the more likely we are to defeat the anti's agenda. Get off your heels, boys.

Posts: 5175 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't help much if the article is in the Safari Times mag! That's preaching to the quire.....

It needs to be in non-hunting or neutral magazines and papers instead.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:
is happening now in terms of human lion conflict,

and that is the real threat to lions, and I am not talking about conflict with hunters. In fact, hunters are a direct counteraction to that very threat. The more we talk about those issues, the more likely we are to defeat the anti's agenda. Get off your heels, boys.

Very true. I have just got off the phone to the wildlife department who are going to sort problem Lions that have come out in my Kafue block. I think I have convinced then not to shoot the cattle eaters but to scare them off. I outlined them the importance of the revenues the attached community could glean from the safari hunting of these cats. My scouts indicate one male is a absolute brute. However I am packing my shit to get out there and try to control the situation full knowing the community will try and poison these Lion if they are not shot. It is going to be an expensive few days for me and it will be a crying shame if the male is taken out before I arrive.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
Doesn't help much if the article is in the Safari Times mag! That's preaching to the quire.....

It needs to be in non-hunting or neutral magazines and papers instead.

Not much chance of getting it in The National Geographic. You cant confuse them with facts, their mind is already made up.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not much chance of getting it in The National Geographic. You cant confuse them with facts, their mind is already made up.

SSR

A simple but insiteful statement. We are never going to change the minds of our adversaries. These people are never going to wake up and say "maybe I was wrong about that whole lion hunting thing". We need to stop fighting amongst ourselves over things they have told us to fight about, and start fighting the real threats to the Lion. Work a solution, find some real life situations that prove that solution works and fight the battle using that as a foundation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We need to stop fighting amongst ourselves

Remember...just like it takes 2 to tango...it takes 2 sides to fight as well. You could just as easily stop your fighting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36514 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remember...just like it takes 2 to tango...it takes 2 sides to fight as well. You could just as easily stop your fighting.

you obviously missed my point, In my opinion, most of the disputes I have been involved in have been over facts and methodology. I was actually speaking of your organizations mafia like tactics in bullying others over the subjects the Anti's are telling you (or your connections) are important. Arguements can be constructive and their is nothing wrong with a passionate debate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was actually speaking of...the subjects the Anti's are telling you...

Anti's don't speak to the LCTF...we are 100% pro-hunting. They (anti's) hate us.

Science governs the decision making process with our members. Science and statistics have shown we need to stop taking off too many young males. Science has said that for years now. Hunting has failed to respond.

Because hunting failed to respond...we have the TZ 6 yr old law...and lion hunting is threatened.

The LCTF supports science, conservation, and hunting. Smiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36514 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anti's don't speak to the LCTF...we are 100% pro-hunting. They (anti's) hate us.

Science governs the decision making process with our members. Science and statistics have shown we need to stop taking off too many young males. Science has said that for years now. Hunting has failed to respond.

Because hunting failed to respond...we have the TZ 6 yr old law...and lion hunting is threatened.

The LCTF supports science, conservation, and hunting.

interesting