New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Lions in Central and Western Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have tried to stay current and keep up with the recent goings-on here regarding general Lion populations, its CITES status, the measures that operators are now taking while conducting trophy hunts, and other non-hunting conservation programs. Nearly all of the articles and discussions seem focused on Eastern and Southern Africa, which is understandable. Certainly the large majority of Lions are hunted in those regions of the continent and the populations seem to be much more numerous in these areas.

I guess I'll start with a question that is somewhat general in nature: Is there any current data or research available on the Lion populations in Central and Western Africa?

Would appreciate any information and insights.

Posts: 354 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI Pinot,
I have a .pdf status report on the lion of CAR prepared by IGF in 2010 but don't think it can be posted due to size?? You might be able to find it on thier website otherwise send me your email and I will email to you.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post