deleted posts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
would the moderators please inform me and the others why my 2 posts titled
"tired"
and
"a simple question"
are not on the board any longer, please accept my apologies if I am missing something.

Posts: 5174 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The name of the Forum is African Lions Hunting Management and Ecology.

Please constrain topics in the forum to the above subjects.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36483 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Censorship, The ultimate use of power over free speech.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3367 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The name of the Forum is African Lions Hunting Management and Ecology.

Please constrain topics in the forum to the above subjects.

J. Lane Easter, DVM
DRSS

"tired" referenced that I was tired of having to go look for your organizations "wikispace" page. It posted the link and requested that it be permanently posted by Saeed at the top of the forum. How is that not "on topic"?

"a simple question" listed the screen names of the members of the LION CONSERVATION TASK FORCE that I know and asked what there experiences had been hunting wild lions. The point of this question was to determine some of the basis for their positions through furhter questioning, but you never let it get that far. Once again I ask, how is that not "on topic".

Shame on you Lane, I challenge you to repost the deleted threads and contradict that you have shown yourself to be a tyrant and a tiny fraction of a man.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot see where Brad or anyone has been censored. As one of the moderators...it is a responsibility to keep threads here with in the subject matter.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36483 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cannot see where Brad or anyone has been censored.

see above comrade.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,
Are you certain that all your posts are "on message" you've never deviated? please don't hold others to a standard you yourself have not achieved.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3367 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am doing the best job that I can. This is Saeed's site not mine. If you disagree with my decisions...PM Saeed. If he agrees...he will promptly remove me.

I am doing my best to be civil, present facts on this forum, and keep the forum limited to it's title.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am doing my best to be civil, present facts on this forum, and keep the forum limited to it's title.

that is rubbish, both of those posts were completely on topic and you deleted them for personal reasons. Don't pawn me off on someone else, be a man and fix what you messed up. Your credibility is swirling in the toilet Lane, I assure you of that. Time for some of the MEN here to stand up for what is right!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i am a memeber of The LCTF. I have hunted africa 30 times and lions five times. I am neither a scientist or a lawyer but a simple hunter.I volunterred my time and money to try and help the lion and lion hunting.I have worked with other conservation efforts and hope to be able to help on more.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gerry, thank you for replying to my "a simple question" post, I wish the others could reply but our resident Fuhrer deleted the post. Would you mind posting pics and details of your lion hunts so we could discuss your thoughts on conservation and how they relate to your hunts?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

My name is Ben and I am not a member of the LCTF, but I am very concerned with lion conservation. I have been on three wild lion hunts. I also hold a degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences from TAMU. Here is a lion that I shot.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ben,
why don't you post a BRIEF description of how and where the lion was shot, what he was aged at, etc. And how following the suggested methods by some on this board would have effected that hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We did not have this wonderful site back in the day, but I was one of the orifinators of Zim forestry and was their first hunter, In sijara, amundondamella (spellin0 and sukuni and lions just did not cooperate saw females bt no big males. I went to Luangua zambia in 85 and while we saw lions done that were shootable and here i will say at that time if I had seen the lion worldhunter shot I would have shot him that was then and this is now. Cameroon was kind of neat lion hunting as we called and tracked lions and while I saw several no males that i was able to shoot. Selous was the first lion shot and I was told he was old but did not have a big mane, I don't think he was as old as my PH thought looking back but he was old enough. Went to Tanzania in Masailand and shot great stuff just no big lion it was very dry no water and even buff were scarce so struck out. went back to the selous and this time I really did see a nice male and we decided he was not quite old enough but I can tell you I was close but The PH was sure it would have been a mistake, that was last year. I am going to masailand in a few weeks and try again, and to western tanzania next year to try also. I have not had good luck or been in the right place. i really think I would have shot a good lion in cameroon but broke ny leg and finger on day eight and hunted 8 more days but was pretty much useless all I could do was sit and hope. I have seen some really big lions but it seems like when I am not hunting lion , like botswana elephant hunting jesus i saw big mature lions a couple of times but could not take one. I do understand worldhunters lion and I had a different take on the thread than some right or wrong I saw it more against the operator than the hunter. I am not 100% convinced that a young lion here and there will not lead to extinction but I am 100% sure that with what i know now that a few could spell the end of importation not the end of the lion, the after effects of no importation will be devastating to the lion so i feel it is worth it to just not shoot unless you are reasonably sure and I say that knowing that judging on the hoof is not near exact but it is better than just shooting anything. I at one time shot any whitetail with horns and all spikes but that did not mean it was the right thing I have since learned somethings about deer that have changed that aspect of deer hunting. I can honestly say I did not know one person at the LCTF meeting and I was welcomed to come and say what i felt. I got the impression that everyone there was sincerely wanting to save lion hunting as well as the lions. Every topic that has been on these threads was discussed and bad science probably got as much as anything. That is why I have had a hard time understanging these post, I thought everyone would want to do this. I am quite shocked at the way it has gone and quite frankly a little ashamed at the road it has taken.That is not meant to cut you at all it is the whole subjest, it just seems we have gotten off the task at hand which is again stopping the petition and funding a new study that is more acuurate than all the others.If we just did that it would be a positive thing and I really don't think that is a bad thing. I am lucky enough to know some people that can get the ear of the powers that be and will call those favors in as we need them and if it will help the lion great. Otherwise I would like everyone to really try and look at any lion good bedore you take them and feel like it is the right thing to do.The guy going with me this time as already told the operator he will not hunt lion at all as he does not want to risk importing a young one, I have tried to explain to him that he should not take that approach but try and make the call with the help of his PH who is very exoerienced and he woulld be fine. But you never know with our gov't that they will act rationally, i have not seen them do it before so that may be a pipe dream.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you posted while I was typing but did you shoot that lion in zim. Just curious. I am going to zim (SAVE) in 2013. I am not sure what the age of that lion is but he looks nice. If I ere guessin which i would be i would say 5 but as you know that is a guess. Back legs and overa;; body may give a better idea but if I said I would not shoot I might be kying so I would say great trophy how did you mount it?