Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser GEW 98
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
I was given an unusual GEW 98 action that has an unusual steel bridge mount that accepts Sako rings in a dovetail

Have a 'spare Pecar riflescope and a beautiful ex-military barrel threaded for M98. Now I only need to source a stock.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Is that screwed or dovetailed into the rear bridge ?

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I see no DT.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Screwed. No DT.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Well my 'new' 30.06 is assembled, barreled action and stock arrived today. Assembled from bits & pieces that have been stored in the workshop and a (free) doner action, Sako mounts and a Pecar 4x81 scope with fine crosshairs. Total cost was under $200.

The FN Mauser barrel has nice deep rifling 1:10 twist and perfectly smooth and unblemished, should be a great cast bullet shooter!

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice custom you have there.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you appreciate Pecar (faithful to the end with reticle-movement). If you want something more practical than crosswires, Opticswarehouse in England used to sell replacement reticles.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote