New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scoping an 1895 Chileno Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an 1895 Chileno Mauser that I would like to scope. Has anyone done this? Does anyone make a special mount?

Thanks

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
A long time ago I had one drilled and tapped for a 3-hole, one-piece Leupold mount. You'll need to modify the bolt handle for that. If you want to keep the rifle original you might want to try the S&K Chilean mount for use with a long eye relief (scout) scope.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I should have mentioned that it is already sporterized. Scout scopes don't do it for me anyways.

I read that a mount for a 1896 Swedish mauser will work. Anybody know if that is true?

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it does and you might be interested in a buehler base, I have several new ones. I believe I also have one that is marked 95. PM if interested.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have done many of them over the past 50 years. The 95 Chilean, made by DWM, is just a 93/94/95/96 variant including Swedish all models, and any scope base made for any of them will fit. Of course, you need to drill it and weld on a new bolt handle. And put a new safety on it.

Posts: 17103 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot for the help guys. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
axel19,
I have a new set of bases (2 piece) and I believe screws for a 95. If you want them I would say $20 plus shipping- $26.00. As for rings, I would shy away from used and just buy a new set. The reason is the way they fit the scope tube. They come with shims.002 and you have to peel the # of shims to fit the scope tube. They were made like that to accommodate varying diameters of a tube. Sounds like work but once fit they are bullet proof. Used to be standard equipment for Weatherby rifles. I have several sets that have been in place 30+ years. Plus they look good too with the ball turret top. Let me know.
Thanks.
Kelly

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote