THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SPORTERIZED MILITARY RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Sporterized Military Rifles    Does anyone recognize this 1917 Enfield sporter stock?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone recognize this 1917 Enfield sporter stock?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
I'm wondering if it is a one of a kind custom, or a production piece. The rifle was apparently turned into a sporter in the 1950s. I kinda dig the old scope, too.

I was looking for a bare action to use for a new build. This old custom looks really nice. Like a time capsule from 60 years ago. I think I'll just restore the stock and bluing.

Thanks.

Posts: 7477 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
It looks like a Fajen or Bishop I once had on a 1917. beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
It is hard to tell because every aspiring gun builder or kid taking woodworking in shop class could order one and "finish it" the way they wanted.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4193 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe that is a bishop

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
or a Herters

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The grip and cheekpiece remind me of Bishop.

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote