New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious AR shooters...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am building a couple of AR-15's. Varmint rifle, and a new system for the wife's Ciener conversion 22lr.

Anybody tried the Hipertouch AR triggers? Reads really neat in the Brownells catalog. 3lb single stage trigger. The two-stage trigger has always been an irritant for a Coyote rifle.

thanks,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho, I shoot competitive high power with ARs- both Service and Match rifles, I have found that while most HP triggers are 2 stage- the utility is found in a 2-3 pound first stage and a 2.5 to 3 lbs second. Two makers come to mind as premier- (in order of my preference) Xtreme AR ( now out of production it seems) and the Geisselle family- I have several of the former and one of the latter. I have not found a better trigger for serious, repeatable performance.

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you. I am used to bolt rifles and a simple single stage trigger in the 2-3 lb range.

I shot Bench Rest for several years, and my last rifle had a 1 3/8ths ounce trigger.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
I like the two stage triggers. Wish I could get them for hunting rifles.

IMHO, Giessle are the best two stage. If you want even more expensive, get a Jewel.

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arnold (Jewell) makes a single stage trigger that can be taken down to the 2lb range. So does JARD, and the afore mentioned one.

This would be for a ten pound AR in .223 with a 27" bull barrel.

It was a real fun day with the AR. I have one of those golf ball launchers that uses blanks. One of these warm spring days I need to chronograph them. I could beat Tiger on his best day with his favorite driver.

one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A7Dave:
I like the two stage triggers. Wish I could get them for hunting rifles.

The Savage "Accutrigger" is a 2 stage trigger albeit a very light one.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 36 | Location: Chula Vista Ca. | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote