New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Version of Portuguese-Vergueiro
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can’t upload pictures of my version of a sporterized Portuguese-Vergueiro rifle, but here is a link to give you an idea of what it looks like for now. My final stock is a euro-style sporter made be Dave (inthe10ring) over on mausercentral.net.

http://castboolits.gunloads.co...=4422483#post4422483

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Should be interesting, I've always liked the Vergueiro actions. Here's a rough pic of mine, 7.65x53 Arg. barrel in an old Brno stock.....looking forward to more pics of yours.When this pic was taken, I hadn't welded the spoon bolt handle on yet.

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you have handled one of these actions and worked the bolt, it’s hard to describe how butter smooth they are.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....Uncle Grinch's Vergueiro...

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Looks good: probably stronger than the MS, more wood to sculpt and, though it lacks a rotary mag, appears to have a hinged floor plate and a magazine more adaptable to other calibres.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
It uses a standard mauser magazine/floorplate/triggerguard. Originally they were6.5x58 then most were rebarrelled to 8x57......super slick action, it will be interesting to see how Uncle Grinch's turns out....looking forward to it, not a lot of people sporterise these.

Roger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My action and barrel work was done by Mike McCabe (z1r) some time ago. It has NECG sights and is now a 7x57. I’ve got a nice euro-style stock that I’m working on or at least I was until I broke my wrist!

Thanks Roger for posting the picture.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yumastepside:
It uses a standard mauser magazine/floorplate/triggerguard. Originally they were6.5x58 then most were rebarrelled to 8x57......super slick action, it will be interesting to see how Uncle Grinch's turns out....looking forward to it, not a lot of people sporterise these.

Roger

I went just the opposite, using the 1904 Portuguese Vergueiro bottom metal on a couple of M98K Mausers.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 1904 Vergueiro has a nice hinged floorplate / triggerguard, and this is the reason most of these rifles or actions don't have the original floorplates when you get them. thumbdown

Please don't take this as a personal shot, unfortunately its just a fact of life. tu2

Roger

one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, the 1904 Vergueiro has a nice hinged floorplate / triggerguard, and this is the reason most of these rifles or actions don't have the original floorplates when you get them. thumbdown

Please don't take this as a personal shot, unfortunately its just a fact of life. tu2

Roger

I bought 2 "reconditioned" ones from a gun parts warehouse several years ago. One is on my 8mm-06 A.I. and has been lengthened internally to 3.455" with nothing but some work with a mill file at the back and a dremel at the front.

The other has a straddle floorplate added and will be modified for a bit more length to be used in an 8X68S project.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....don't worry, if mine had come with one, it would probably have gone on to my 8-06 as well.......it came as a bare action.....

Roger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually have two of these fine rifles, the one you see here and another in full military condition (7.92x57). It all matching numbers.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should be interesting, I've always liked the Vergueiro actions. Here's a rough pic of mine, 7.65x53 Arg. barrel in an old Brno stock.....looking forward to more pics of yours.When this pic was taken, I hadn't welded the spoon bolt handle on yet.

Roger

What scope mounts are you using mate?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7970 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
This is my beast. Scraped off the mil coating on the stock and found a nice bit of wood underneath.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7970 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bakes, that's only an old Pecar sitting there, at the moment I'm undecided between a scope or a rear mounted peep......maybe both, whichever way I go I'll have to make them myself.

......maybe like this....

or this, if I get really enthusiastic......

Roger

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
That split rear bridge makes for an awkward mount. My eyes don't do open sights well, perhaps a peep will be better.

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it, I've got Mosins, Carcanos, Smellies and a Vergueiro.......all split bridge Roll Eyes

Roger

P.S.....I need an ejector for the Vergueiro, anyone got a spare one, or can trace the little arm for me so I can make one ??.....remember, I live in Oz. tu2

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
There is a Mauser guy on the Gold Coast. Have you heard of him?

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Yes, I bought a firing pin for my Siamese from him, I'll see if I can find his contact details.....I apologise for hi-jacking your thread Grinch....we'll get off now faint

Roger