New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putting one back?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 1903 Springfield Mark 2 with a aftermarket stock that is not useable anymore. Does anybody know where I could get a stock and all hardware for this rifle? I would like to get this as a kit as apposed to finding and figuring out what I would need to put this back to a military type shooter.

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Made a mistake it is a Mark 1. I am not looking to make it anything more than a shooter.

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sarco.

Posts: 17080 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Numrich and sarco . No kits available. You'll have to just make a list . I just made a copy from an original m-1 stock ( so as to not mess up my original) in the stock duplicator. They come up once in a while .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks I will most likely make it a winter project. I was just hoping with all the Springfield rifles made into sporters someone might have the parts laying around.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, tons of springfield parts and stocks were left over from all the spotters that were made.
But you are 30 years late. It will cost you.
From one who has restored many of them back to military.

Posts: 17080 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Tom knows whereof he speaks. He restored one he bought from me. Made me envious -- and proud.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16337 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I know exactly what you mean, I had beaucoup parts for 03, A3, + 98's for years; finally, they're all gone. In the same vein, not that I'm looking for such but I see all the time in my WW2 history magazines all these offers for sale of Nazi everything at outrageous prices. I only mention this cas when I was a kid the last war was war 2 + the Army-Navy stores were full of all that crap. Medals, helmets, bayonets, uniforms, flags, you name it + damn near everything was going for less than 5 bucks.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 29 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 December 2011Reply With Quote