Notify
Tools

Where are the...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sedgley Springfield sporters at?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i recently sold mine. i'll replace it with a nicer one in the future. if it would have ben in a little bit better shape i would have kept it.
i still have a sedgley marked whelen style sling

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they look great, too. I don't own one, but I've got the itch to build a Sedgely clone. Right after my 300 whisper, 6.5 WSM, and 30-40 Krag AI single shot projects...

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Sedgley Springfield sporters at?

Rich
MUST YOU TWIST THE KNIFE AS WELL????????!!!!!!! Frowner

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY

Posts: 141 | Location: LOUISIANA,,for now. | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thought I would re-boot this one. I just picked up my first Sedgley and I may have a new favorite 30-06. Great old rifle, classic design and a beautiful piece of American walnut.

Posts: 862 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pics

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Working on it. Hope to have some up later today.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here a picture

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Lyman:

one of us
posted Hide Post
Next to my G&H

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
I used to scout around online looking for a nice one as I couldn't afford a Griffin & Howe and always thought for the money the G&Hs were overpriced and the Sedgleys were a steal...

Anyways, saw a nice one for $700 a while back that I regret picking up... I don't see them like I used to and they seem to ask more than I have these days!

Either way they are still a great value for their classic lines and caliber.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By God, now you're talkin'. Beautiful rifles.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Just got the Sedgley out for the first time and it shoots as good as it looks. I may never be able to look at a scoped rifle again.

Cheers,

JDG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The stocks, as one would expect on these, look perfectly set for the sights.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You mentioned the stocks and I am glad that you did. I have a p64 M70 that I wanted to shoot with irons. It was virtually impossible. By the time I pressed my head down low enough to see the irons I felt so contorted and in-natural that I could not focus on the shot. Both the Sedgley and G&H come up so naturally I don't have to do anything but put the front need where I want the poi and pull the trigger. It's a beautiful thing.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Doublegun

Those are very nice, I love the classics with peep sights. They can be very accurate.

I have 11 rifles at this moment that have peeps on them ranging from a bolt peep on a Newton to Lyman 48-s, 57-s and Redfield 70-s.

I still hunt with them but I still pack my Winchester featherweight with a Leupold If I get really serious.

I have a couple of Williams peeps also but they are alloy and I really prefer the steel sights because of the workmanship.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3067 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifles, thanks for sharing pics.

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote