Find
Notify
Tools

AR threads
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
I don't want to annoy or upset anyone, but shouldn't AR related topics be in the modern military arms section?? If I am wrong in this, please say so, but when we created this section it was my belief that it was for older, mainly bolt action conversions.
I apologise, but my opinion is that AR platform rifles are not the traditional idea of a "sporting " firearm.They do have their place as a viable vermin ( varmint )control alternative and target rifle but.....maybe I'm just old old

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
nor is a mauser model B or A the 'perfect' sporting arm, in all circumstance ...

therefore, buy another rifle and be happy - if you don't like a thread, skip over it

the AR has been around for over 50 years --
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38383 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yumastepside:
I don't want to annoy or upset anyone, but shouldn't AR related topics be in the modern military arms section?? If I am wrong in this, please say so, but when we created this section it was my belief that it was for older, mainly bolt action conversions.
I apologise, but my opinion is that AR platform rifles are not the traditional idea of a "sporting " firearm.They do have their place as a viable vermin ( varmint )control alternative and target rifle but.....maybe I'm just old old

Roger

Yes, I use my ARs in 6.8 and 458 calibers to dispatch vermin. Of course my vermin can weigh in excess of 250 pounds, has tusks and grunts. Cool

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
old The 22 Spit-Fire was a wild cat created for a Sporterized M1 Carbine. To me that would be a legitimate posting on this forum . beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Roger

I have the Guns issues where, I think it was Bish, sporterized a carbine in that caliber.

quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
old The 22 Spit-Fire was a wild cat created for a Sporterized M1 Carbine. To me that would be a legitimate posting on this forum . beer roger

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
My intention was not to turn this into a s**tfight...yes, I love a "sporterised" M1 carbine because it was " sporterised" not assembled. I love a custom built Harley that someone has spent time on, not one that just been bolted together from a parts catalogue. I think my main problem is that every shooting publication that I pick up is filled with bolt together ARs.I don't even have a problem with ARs, I just have a major thing for handcrafted walnut and blued steel, even stainless and synthetic, as long as it has a hand operated bolt and a BIG hole in the end of the barrel. BOOM....it is just my personal opinion that ARs would be better in modern military or even better, their own thread. tu2
Sorry if I offended or put anyone offside, it was not my intention.

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote