Find
Notify
Tools

1919 Carl Gustaav 6.5 x 55
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted
I have been so enamoured of this rifle that recently fell into my lap, that i thought to take some pictures to share.

I would be obliged for any information and/ or opinions on this specific rifle, especially the metallic disc on the butt and the adjacent label i am guessing it is relevant to the values on the ladder sight.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The disc details bore condition and sighting details. More here:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/mauserswedish/index.asp

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This place will link you up to more Swedish Mauser information than you would think is possible.

Try the House of Karlina

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen.

I did'nt think it was possible for this rifle to get under my skin any more but it just did.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FOOBAR
posted Hide Post
Yes, Shukaree, they are very nice rifles, military or not.

I have a 1903 full military, all matching numbers with flash hider and bayonet w/scabbard and a 1915 sporterized, 21" bbl, receiver sights, bent bolt etc.

They both shoot very well with Hornady bullets from the 95 Vmax to the 160 RN and PMC ammo. They both have very long throats and the Horn 140 SP shoots the best seated out to almost touch and still fit the mag at 3.15"...with a hefty fill of H4831...with the 160 RN a very close second.

Luck

I get the best velocity from the long 29" bbl and the best accuracy from the sporter with the receiver sights.

One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
FYI, The flash hider is not Swede. The threads were for a blank/wood bullet devise. Hands down Swedish Mausers are my favorite. 4 Military including an M41b and 3 Commercial hunting rifles.

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote