THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SPORTERIZED MILITARY RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Sporterized Military Rifles    6.5mm Carcano Moschetto TS...Info Please!

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5mm Carcano Moschetto TS...Info Please!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This might be a long shot but I'll ask anyway.

I just picked up a Carcano Mochetto TS M91 from a local gun shop and I am trying to date it.
There are NO markings on the receiver other than "Made In Italy" and the barrel numbers are confusing me since there are two and I have searched both with no luck.

The barrel/chamber is a hexagon shape and the top flat is marked "Brescia 1535"

The bottom flat is marked "153"

The underside of the barrel itself is marked "B1256".

That's about it. I know that this model was made between 1898-1919, but I would like to know the exact year and any other info would be great!

Thanks frank

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it was me I would check with NebrHogger on the Yesterdays forum. He has a book out on Cracanos.

http://www.yesterdaysweapons.c...060daab976b018045e98

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will and Thanks!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I've researched says that Brescia 1535 is the year of manufacture. Are you sure that first 5 is a 5 and not a 9?

Look at this site too. Sorry it's in Italian
http://www.il91.it/il91.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmokinJ,

Thanks for the effort!
Yes, on the barrel nut it definitely says:

Brescia

Then on the underside of the barrel B1256

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Herr and Smokin J,

I took another look at the barrel nut and on the next flat that says "Brescia" it says "1917"
but it was barely readable.

it's definitely stamped "1535" on the barrel and now I noticed 1535 on the stock as well.

I'm Getting there