Tools

VZ24
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 34 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 18 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recently converted from a mismatch to my primary deer rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That'll work.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
that will work!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38459 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I just gotta find a load it likes. 48.5gr of IMR4320 has been the most promising with the 8mm 170gr SST. Trigger time is gonna help. Should anchor a whitetail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mick Berger:
Thanks guys. I just gotta find a load it likes. 48.5gr of IMR4320 has been the most promising with the 8mm 170gr SST. Trigger time is gonna help. Should anchor a whitetail.

Speaking of trigger time, you might want to go with an aftermarket trigger. I'd suggest either a Timney or Bold.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
tu2 Nice project rifle! Some of the better powders in 170 to 185grain bullets for me have proved to be H414, H380, Acc 4064 and Acc 2520.
beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,and she does have a stout trigger craigster. If IMR4320 doesn't pan out I will consider one of those powders bartsche.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
That scope looks just like an old Redfield 5 star I have.. tu2

IMR 4064 is good stuff in 8X57.. I would like to find some Hornady 195 gn interlocks to try in mine but they seem hard to come by thesedays.

Posts: 10129 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The military trigger is not that hard to lighten and slick up to a usable level.

Posts: 2435 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 29 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe R. Lock
posted Hide Post
Mick,
I have a Yugo M48 that looks almost identical to your VZ24. The same altered bolt handle and D&T'd for scope. I have found two loads that are very accurate and safe in my rifle (not necessarily yours so work up gradually). The first is the Nosler 180 grain bullet with 48 grains of CFE223. The second is the 200 grain bullet w/ 50 grains of IMR 4350. Both are MOA or better all day long. I did replace the military trigger with a Bold trigger. I believe it cost around $40, but was worth it. To remove the old trigger and install the new one on the action took only a few minutes. But, I did have to remove some wood from inside the military stock to make everything fit. A moto tool really helps here. BTW, nice rifle.
joe

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With Quote