New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about 1895 Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend is trying to get an idea of the value of a sporterized 1895 mauser action built by Ludwig, Loewe &C2 , Berlin it is chambered in 7.62x39. I have some pictures but can't seem to post them, any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 72 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it is 7.62x39? Many were converted to 7.62x51.

Sporterized, depending on the quality of the work and how well it feeds, $150 to $250. Maybe less, maybe more.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
get a photo bucket account (free):

www.photobucket.com

use the "upload" link at the top of the page, you can drag and drop the photos from your harddrive into the uploading form.

leftclick your uploaded photo thumbnail which will give you the full size version.

go to the right of the page and leftclick on "direct link" to copy the URL of the photo (photo below).

paste that address into the dialog box that appears when you click the little picture-looking icon in the posting form here at AR.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is stamped 7.62x39 on the barrel, I'll try to upload pics soon. Thank you.

Posts: 72 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are some pics he sent me. Hope this works.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to see inside the magazine? I'd still like to convert my '95 to this calibre, and its always good to see other examples.

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Roger,

I have a Mexican SR 98 that was converted to 7.62x39 by Century. It simply has a block at the back of the magazine and a short plastic follower. The extractor (claw) of course was lengthened to grasp the case and keep it from falling off the oversized boltface. It works surprisingly well. I bought the rifle as a donor action and of course it shoots so well that I haven't made anything nice out of it, lol.

Personally, I think a .300 Savage would be a better conversion. There used to be lots of conversion kits around to turn SR Mausers into 7.62x39's.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
Yumastepside, a follower and spring from a Ruger 77, in 220 swift/7.62x39 works just fine and a spacer block to fill the space behind the follower. Mine holds 5 down and feeds smooth as silk.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, it looks like I'll have to restart an old project. The .300 savage would be nice Mike, but the main reason for this conversion is to use up a pile of ex-mil ammo.

roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yumastepside:
Thanks for the info, it looks like I'll have to restart an old project. The .300 savage would be nice Mike, but the main reason for this conversion is to use up a pile of ex-mil ammo.

roger

Figured as much. I'll try to get you a pic of the mag.

Aut vincere aut mori

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....thanks Mike, and Nilgi.....I apologise for hi-jacking your thread but I don't know how to transfer to another topic. Confused

Roger

One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
This is my 95 small ring using the Ruger 77 follower and spring, and a nylon spacer block that came with one of the feed kits from gun parts corp. Some day I'll make a replacement spacer block out of alum to replace the nylon.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote