Find
Notify
Tools

Conetrol's George Miller passes...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
From their website:

Conetrol owner, George Miller, died of heart disease on October 17th, 2015. He had been in declining health for the last few years, finding his daily activities more and more difficult to manage. His business had been at a virtual standstill for the last few weeks.

We, his family, understand the strain this has caused Conetrol's customers and friends. We do intend to keep the business going, and will reopen as soon as possible. Please be patient, bear with us, and give us a chance to address your concerns once we get going. We are truly sorry for this inconvenience.

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I have read, this gentleman was at times somewhat difficult to order from. And I don't own one of his scope mount units. But I have seen them on a number of rifles and think they are very elegant looking.

So thank you for your contributions George, and may you rest in peace!

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George was a real character. I met him about thirty-five years ago, thru Elmer Keith at an NRA Convention. He was not, at all, PC; and the world had to work with him, not the other way around. That said, he was enjoyable to visit with, and his work was impeccable.

We are diminished...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to George by phone some 20+ years ago when I had a problem with the Conetrol rings I purchased. He was not exactly user friendly, but he helped me solve the problem. The rings & bases have been on my old M70 ever since. Really fine design and workmanship. He sure knew his business. RIP George

Posts: 68 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 16 July 2012Reply With Quote