New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last twelve months
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here is a link to a thread I posted in Custom Rifles.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...1019521/m/5291092161

It shows the customs I have completed in the last twelve months. At least six of them are sporterized military rifles. Take a look if interested.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely work, Art. Hey, if you are really dissatisfied with the Mannlicher stocked one, I could take off your hands. Wink

Posts: 212 | Location: Louisiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like the mannlicher, I was just bothered that blueing the barrel had such a big effect on the overall looks. I spent more time shaping and thinning that stock than I had ever spent in making a stock. It is only the second full length I have made, and I am amazed at how hard it is to get them right. I just wish I had recontoured the barrel, I think it would have ended up looking much nicer.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, each and every one. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Art, what is the story on the Martini Cadet. Tell us about it please.

Don't ask me what happened, when I left Viet Nam, we were winning.

Posts: 444 | Location: Rockport, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got it as a standard rifle in rough shape. I fitted an old Fajen stock meant for a No 3, had a smith fit a used barrel from a Winchester Model 70 and chamber in 22 RC Maxi. I took a forearm blank meant for a Perazzi single barrel and fitted it as a vrmint style. Didn't like the package. Eventually bought a new barrel and stocks and refitted as an original. Didn't shoot well. Ended up buying a half octagon/ half round on special. Fitted it myself and chambered it in 218 Bee. Saw a long slender forend syle I liked and had one turned from wood close to the first stock. After blueing and fitting a Weaver base from a TC, I really like it and it shoots. Worked and pecked at this over the course of 15 years to get a Cadet I wanted.