Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted
I was wondering if anyone had any experience w/ the Timney Sportsman trigger for the 1903. Is the featherweight model trigger worth the extra money? Thanx!

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the standard Timney "sportsman" installed in three of my Springfields, primarily because I wanted the side safety to go with the fact I had scopes mounted on them.

One was a 1903A4, the other two were 1903s.

They seem to work just fine, but make sure you get a good gunsmith to do the work.

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another way to go. Go to side under Springfield.
http://www.huberconcepts.com/

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Timney trigger in my 1922 M2 Springfield, they're great triggers.

Posts: 383 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 22 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Are the Timney safeties totally reliable? ( I know, never trust a safety.)

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16351 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
After six years the real question is--" Where is Fat Albert now a days"? homer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Heh, didn't notice the date stamp on this ...

hilbily

– John Green, author

Posts: 16351 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Still, I've never had a problem with Timney safeties. I have two on my Mausers.

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm still working with my Canjars !! wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about Fat_Alberts date stamp but I have used one of the Huberconcept triggers on a 1917, installed easy, adjusted easy and liked it
as much if not more than my Timney on my other 1917. I do not think the HC has one with a safety.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I only use the original military triggers; why is everyone trying to re-invent something that works? Learn how to use the double stage trigger.

Posts: 17094 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Tom, I totally agree on the two-stage Springfield trigger being just fine for a hunting rifle. I was just thinking about economical alternatives to the Buehler-style safety. They have always seemed to me to be too easy to turn to the off position.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Right; I was just being obstinate. I install the two position model 70 safeties for that reason. I use mostly Bold triggers, and some Timneys if the customer wants that.

Posts: 17094 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote