New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone help me find....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
a pic or a post, I think it was in this forum, of a Mannlicher that had a one piece scope mount attached only to the front ring? Think it was a custom job, maybe an adaptation. If you are the owner, please tell me what kind of mount it was. I have searched this forum over an can't seem to find it. IIRC it was a photo in a mountain setting and the rifle was leaned against a backpack. But I might be wrong on that. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The real Mannlicher mounts go on the ring and the side of the bridge; obviously can't go on the top the bridge. Or for a one piece mount might be like this picture. I suppose that with a light scope you could get away with one large ring mount. Like the Russian PE Sniper. Or the Finnish TKIV 85, both on Mosins. (Those scopes are massive though) I have both types.

Posts: 17092 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this was a one piece mount afixed only to the front ring. Something like a Leupold/Redfield short bolt action mount. But, it would have to be shortened of one of those. I'm 99% sure the pic is in this forum but I can't seem to find it. I looked over at Nitro Express too in case I saw it there but no luck Hopefully someone will remember it as well.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You could attach a short Leopold mount for a Thompson Contender to the front ring, and it uses two scope rings. Lots of ways to do it. I know of no commercial one specifically for it.

Posts: 17092 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The German smiths seemed to build their own with good but different results. In this country perhaps the best choice MIGHT be NECG, they do nice product but the price reflects that. I have had several of the Gwerman mfg base/rings on my M/Ss + all have been functional, some better than others.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote