Notify
Tools

My .303.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

With Nickel Supra 4x.
I know it needs a different magazine...

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rig!
I had a new P14 barrel, and a desire to see what a SMLE could do. I got a new min spec .303 reamer, and put together a very similar rifle to yours. I cant remember what trigger I got for it???? but it was nice and single stage, just not worth the price!
The cases came out with no bulge and can be loaded over and over. Consistant 5 shots into 1 1/4, 3 shots in an inch.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I like the stockwork and scope. Old Nickels have the greatest representation in my collection and I still have two on my go-to rifles.

Posts: 4915 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I decked out a SMLE for a buddy of mine in the 80s using a 2 pc. (duh) Bishop Stock, high comb Monte Carlo, + did a D+T + install a Williams side mount base + ring set. I forget the scope now, but it was a fine finished rifle.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Williams years ago put out a book/magazine on sporterizing military rifles.
Made some klunkers look really nice!

Hip

Posts: 1793 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote