New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enfield 300 h&h to 30 Wby?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a nice 1917 Enfield in 300 H&H. Any idea what it would cost to make it a 300 Wby? Optik1

Posts: 372 | Location: linwood Michigan | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Optik, should just be the cost of reamer rental and rechambering, maybe some feed work. Aside from that, why take a gentleman in tweed jacket and moleskin trousers and dress him in plaid polyester golf pants and a Jac-Shirt?

Wink

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16305 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can not disagree regarding the 300 H&H. Just getting bored. Optik1

Posts: 372 | Location: linwood Michigan | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Optik, should just be the cost of reamer rental and rechambering, maybe some feed work. Aside from that, why take a gentleman in tweed jacket and moleskin trousers and dress him in plaid polyester golf pants and a Jac-Shirt?

Wink

Snort! That was funny!!!!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes; funny, but spot on; leave the rifle alone. If you are bored, just build another rifle; that is what I do.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a picture of Rodney Daingerfield from "Caddyshack" in my head after reading that.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote