New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oldie but Goodie
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My brother gave me this rifle, as is except for the scope & rings. The rings actually clamped onto the rear sight and I tacked them to keep them from moving under recoil. Worked perfectly. Made a low mount for the scout scope which aligns really well when mounting the gun.

The rifle shoots very well, and the 7.65 Argentine is no slouch as a deer/hog gun.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
I like the scope mount and the "Scout" style set up. Hogs are one thing we do not have here in the Great Northwest. Wolves, Lion & Grizzly .. Yes. I would like someday to take some hogs.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with the 7.65 Argentine. It's a fine round.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

3" shorter than a '94 carbine.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are a couple of nice looking Sporter conversions.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:

3" shorter than a '94 carbine.

That's a nice carbine for sure. Get to use it much? Looks like the bolt has bolt has been bent for scope use or a new bolt handle has been attached. Nice, real nice.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SMACK!!!!:
I like the scope mount and the "Scout" style set up. Hogs are one thing we do not have here in the Great Northwest. Wolves, Lion & Grizzly .. Yes. I would like someday to take some hogs.

Let me know if you are ever in the area, I'll try to put you on a Hog.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Those are a couple of nice looking Sporter conversions.

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks! The original bolt was cut off and a new handle welded on. The barrel is a NOS milsurp that I got from SARCO back in the day, cut and crowned @16.5". The short barrel and rounds loaded with W846 result in an impressive fireball muzzle flash. Don't use it all that often, but it has accounted for a couple coyotes.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Matherne:
quote:
Originally posted by SMACK!!!!:

Let me know if you are ever in the area, I'll try to put you on a Hog.

jumping

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote