New
Find
Notify
Tools

'95 Mauser stuff needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
looking for a decent scout mount to the rear sight base, and a finished, semi-finished, duplicated or whatever Mannlicher stock.

this is a pre-bubba'd, and not badly, mind you, 1895 Chilean.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
When you find the Mannlicher stock if it's wood let me know where you find it as I'd love one myself.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've only seen one and it was Fajen or Bishop from who knows how long ago.

Maybe someone has a pattern.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great American Gunstocks has a stock you might be interested in it is listed for a M96 but your 95 should fit. Mannlicher Stock

One of Us
posted Hide Post
call in the morning, thanks a million.

-I'm obliged to you for that link, I don't think I would have ever found it myself, that is one of the hardest-to-follow/figure out websites I've ever been on.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a traditional pattern that can be ordered in Mannlicher length. See additional services.

http://rifle-stocks.com/oldclassic.htm

Posts: 3645 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, it's not. I tried to order one of those once. If you read the note, only the oval forearm is available in the manllicher, which makes it closer to the classic. I bought one, then had to plane over two pounds of wood (by digital scale) to get it really trim. It did turn out a nice stock for a 6.5, but it was a lot of work.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So here's the rifle, I haven't received it yet. The first rifle I bought myself was an 1895 Chilean Mauser from Century Arms- $39.95 and apparently unissued, beautifully made. The mailman delivered it and my father had to sign. I assume this one was sold out of the same batch.

I want to attach this sight to the rear bridge, it's a "GF Diopter", I believe, and made for '95-6-8 receivers. There's a sight called a "Busker" that is similar, more compact, but I missed getting one.

I think a banded ramp front sight would be nice, also. The barrel is original length, what would be a good length to shorten it to for a "standard" aftermarket sporter stock, or a Mannlicher style?

I want to add a scout rig to the rear sight base, but not one that replaces the slide- I recall richj posting photos of a slick base he made of a Weaver rail that sat lower, IIRC.

I'll set dealing with the bolt handle aside for later.

Suggestions, criticisms, horse laughs?

Thanks for all the info provided previously, it's appreciated.