New
Find
Notify
Tools

New .257 Roberts Build
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well folks, got out a couple of weeks ago.

Fallow pricket with a 120gr Nosler Partition throughb both shoulders.

Best wishes, Scrummy

Posts: 129 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 11 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Very nice; and the 120 grain 25 caliber bullets are very good penetrators, despite what I usually say about such small bores.
Now, as for the 308 Spanish 93 Mauser conversions, I still think they were intended for the 308 CETME cartridge, which has a much lower pressure than the NATO round. Regardless of what actually happened. The 93 receivers made in Spain are very soft.
Nothing to do with your build of course.

Posts: 17093 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

Now, as for the 308 Spanish 93 Mauser conversions, I still think they were intended for the 308 CETME cartridge, which has a much lower pressure than the NATO round. Regardless of what actually happened. The 93 receivers made in Spain are very soft.

oldYou got that right. CRYBABY I sporterized a Mod 1916 for my son. Got set back with factory ammo. It shots reduced reloads but is still hard to open. Roll Eyes roger beer

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer the 1935 Chilean LR mod 98 or a 98 puruvian LR over all the 98 LR Mausers..

However, for a 257 Robts, or any 06 length caliber I use the small rings such as the G33-40, the Brno German Customs mod. 35 (I think 35) its a G33-40 anyway, or the Brno mod. 21 or 22 and its a G33-40 action for all practival purposes.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote