Find
Notify
Tools

LH safety
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
Does anyone know who makes a two position Mauser flag safety that works on the left hand side like those below ?

ROGER

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
every-once in a while I will come into an FN one with that Left side lever. They go away in a hurry though. I have a few shrouds but not the lever.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim, I may have to make some myself.

Roger

Posts: 1034 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
What's you particular interest in having it on the L/H side?

While it may not have quite the old Mauser look from the right, one on the R/H side lends itself to quieter use for most users, because you can grab it with thumb and forefinger.

Posts: 4937 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Personal preference, I find it easier to push down with my thumb ( I made a rough one to try it out )
The Buehler low swing safety on my '96 feels awkward, just personal preference.

Roger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a left hand safety on my Mexican Mod 36. I installed it about 40 years ago. It was made by Dayton Traister. Works very nicely. I've never seen another. They also made a right had safety.

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Is that safety on the bolt shroud, Lindy, or a sliding safety on the r/h side of the receiver?

If the latter, I've heard it should only be used with the modern bolt shroud that extends back to guard against the striker being dislocated from trigger engagement.

Posts: 4937 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote