Find
Notify
Tools

Using .263 bullets in a M38 Swede
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bruce in WV
posted
I have 3 boxes of NOS Herters 150gr RNSP .263 bullets made for them by Lapua in the 60's.
I'd like to use them in my M38 Swede using published loads for modern 150gr spire point .264 bullets. QUESTION: any issues with the .001 difference in diameter (other than - maybe - expanded group size)?

Posts: 87 | Location: West Virginia, USA | Registered: 03 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
they should work fine

Posts: 265 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
They should be just fine, I have a AR15 in 7.62x39 that shoots .311, .310 and .308 bullets without any accuracy issues.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No; one thousandth is nothing. Many reloaders don't realize that bullets are not exactly what they think they are. The bigger the bore, the more forgiving they are.
Now in cast bullets, too small is definitely bad; too big is better. Gas cutting....

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bruce in WV
posted Hide Post
Update: I'm using these bullets on West Virginia whitetails this year. Ranges are modest on the farm where I have access (100-150 yds), and these bullets are performing perfectly: I've filled 2 tags this week with 1 shot each. Sighting them in with an old man's eyes, they shoot into 1"-1 1/2" at 100 yds using a 2 MOA green dot Holosun sight on my sporterized HVA M38.

Posts: 87 | Location: West Virginia, USA | Registered: 03 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, if you are shooting 1-1/2 in groups with a 2 MOA dot then you are golden! Sounds like that is your new "meat stick".

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce in WV:
Update: I'm using these bullets on West Virginia whitetails this year. Ranges are modest on the farm where I have access (100-150 yds), and these bullets are performing perfectly: I've filled 2 tags this week with 1 shot each. Sighting them in with an old man's eyes, they shoot into 1"-1 1/2" at 100 yds using a 2 MOA green dot Holosun sight on my sporterized HVA M38.

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote