THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SPORTERIZED MILITARY RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Sporterized Military Rifles    For you guys that liked the old Fajen Stocks 280 if them are once again available

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For you guys that liked the old Fajen Stocks 280 if them are once again available
 Login/Join

posted
For the first time in 20 years 280 of the original patterns from Fajen and Bishop Gunstock companies are once again available, I was able to purchase them from a gentleman who was at the auction when the companies assets were sold. Mark Stratton Gunmaker helped me to arrange the purchase of them from his friend,who purchased them and built only a few stocks off of them. I am offering Duplication off the patterns through my company Manitou Custom Guns LLC. For more information and a list of the available pattern inlets please visit my website.

Manitoucustomguns.com

I hope I will be a great asset to the gunmaking community by offering these historical patterns to the trade and hobbiest alike.

Thanks,

Will Bohm

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear that Bishop's stock designs will live again. I bought beaucoup of them from Hulet in the 80s.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Post your prices here. At least some examples. Bait for your website. Post them in Gunsmithing; no one is sporterizing military rifles any more.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tdoyka
posted Hide Post
i do

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

Posts: 99 | Location: United States windber, pa | Registered: 16 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm sure some still do but it's more of a rarity now these days since the supply is not so prevalent as it was 35 years ago when they were available for a song.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The two Fajen's I got just before they shut down.
I really liked the style. Complaint I have is the
butt's too thin for a mag. Seems that's the trend
though. Re: too damned light for a kicker.

I'd suggest if you're going to turn them, to add
a bit to the thickness and height of the butt's.
OR at least offer the choice.

Good luck, and good to know this.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
True.
As for building rifles on military actions; sure, hobbyists will still do it, and some of the high end builders have clients who will still want a real Mauser action, but it ain't 1960 and the cost of labor is way too high for it to be a going thing.
Actually, the cost/price of actions is down for the above reasons. I have a couple of bushels of them.......

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Never much cared for the Fajen stocks. But I will say that their inletting was better than most offered today. Certainly better than those with the same business model like Richards, Boyds, etc.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4857 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
True.
As for building rifles on military actions; sure, hobbyists will still do it, and some of the high end builders have clients who will still want a real Mauser action, but it ain't 1960 and the cost of labor is way too high for it to be a going thing.
Actually, the cost/price of actions is down for the above reasons. I have a couple of bushels of them.......

Hmmm, I just got a commission for a build on a VZ24.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, that's one; I said that some will still be built, but not the numbers in decades past; in the 1960s guys built them by the hundreds.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There were certainly a lot of them back then for a song + when I was doing it in the 80s after Reagan got the Soviets to go under the market was saturated with a plethora of 98s (not to mention all the Lugers). I was paying $150.00 ea. for NEW 98s (wartime issue but warehoused) still in the cosmoline. Complete rifles + the actions were going for $25.00- $50.00 ea.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just tried the link.

No Listing: according to centurylink ph co.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Manitou link works for me.

If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk.

Posts: 407 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote