THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SPORTERIZED MILITARY RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Sporterized Military Rifles    Source of Mauser Stock blank for bull barrel??

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source of Mauser Stock blank for bull barrel??
 Login/Join

posted
I have a large ring Masuer action chambered in .260 fitted with a Match Shillen barrel. It has either a 7 or 8 contour.

Does anyone have a source (other than making your own) of blank stocks that will accept a barrel with a larger contour? I'm also open to buying something that's already fitted but I'm not having any luck finding anything.

Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at / contacted Richards, Boyds or Great American Gunstocks? - I'm sure there are others who have / could produce a pre-finished stock for you. --- John

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Boyds would probably be the cheapest. Most stocks will not be cut for that large a contour. But, it doesn't take long to open the channel up.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!!

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
www.stockystocks.com

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2263 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I have a synthetic stock that has been opened up to around an inch for one of the Parker Hale British barrels that I would sell if interested.

Steve E............

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
You might give Wenig custom gunstocks a look.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Last time I bought anything from Great American Gunstocks (maybe 2 years ago) he was liquidating old inventory and blanks. He said he was out of the stock turning business as a result of the fire a few years back. Has that changed?

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fellow member Christrees here has a stock turning business along with the stock blanks he offers. He would likely leave the blank forward of the action cuts full width and route the barrel channel to suit.

www.walnutgroveguntocks.com, or contact him here.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys!! A also found a company Richards Microfit Stocks, INC...looks like he makes about anything and everything. I have a stock thats been bedded now, but I'm not really very happy with how it looks. Shoots great, but its an eyesore...Thanks again everyone.

posted Hide Post
BTW...I do have pictures of the final build on the Custom Rifle page. Thread is called Masuer 260 Rifle build w/ Range Report...

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I can turn you a blank with a starter groove.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote