Notify
Tools

Who owns this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yumastepside:
Some new pics.....of what I think is the most beautiful Enfield I have seen....

Roger

I second that! Chris from Canada is definitely making us look good.

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Just a stunning rifle! Did Chris do the stock from scratch or from an inletted blank? I would love to have some wood run off of that pattern! Does anyone know?

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2246 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words ,I took it from a blank to what it is now its my own thoughts on the speed pattern fit to a #1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cj dawe:
Thanks for the kind words ,I took it from a blank to what it is now its my own thoughts on the speed pattern fit to a #1

My thought is, that your thoughts look eminently marketable. Something to consider.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you,it has been considered for some time actually but being a personal pipe dream it keeps getting put on the back burner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That has to be the most stunning Enfield I have ever seen. Crying out for a rust blue finish. And the stock work and that blank are truly beautiful. Kudos to all that made it happen.
And a Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New Year to all. Ho,ho,ho. Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Singleshotlover:
That has to be the most stunning Enfield I have ever seen. Crying out for a rust blue finish. And the stock work and that blank are truly beautiful. Kudos to all that made it happen.
And a Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New Year to all. Ho,ho,ho. Frank

I'll certainly second that, a first-class job in every respect. All the better because it has family history. Well done, Chris!

Posts: 41 | Location: Canada | Registered: 24 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a lovely rifle!

Posts: 10463 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words everyone ,I hope to finish this rifle before next fall

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Goodness... that has to be one of the most elegant Enfields I have ever seen. Very nice!

Looks to be guild quality design and execution. You should have a pattern made or at least draw a full scale print. I feel a good number of us would buy a print.

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I am without words! beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16275 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone ,I hope to finish this rifle before next fall

CJ I was hoping you finished the project ? A few pics would sure be great. Have you ever considered drawing this design with dimensions ?

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old thread I know, but....

"History is crying out for a really good movie about Teddy Roosevelt. He's only ever been portrayed as a caricature."

I believe I watched a PBS documentary on Teddy that was very flattering. His South American river escapade was pretty touch & go stuff.

Posts: 15787 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok guys ,my sincere apologies the rifle is close it's actually enroute to the engraver! ..it got put on the back burner once again because I didn't pull a caribou tag ,but this year I'm high pool so fingers crossed !
Thanks for the interest

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I got my tag !

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Also since I didn't ask earlier but where did you get the stock blank from?

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7754 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The blank came from a good friend in Arizona,other than that I can't say where it originated

one of us
posted Hide Post
CJ I noticed your stock was finished kind of glossy. Then later pics show a nice satin polished wood.

Can you share what typed of finish you used and your technique ?

Craftsman

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not what you would call an Enfield fan but If I saw that for sale at a price I could afford I would buy it quick. That is a beauty.

Grumpy old man with a gun,,,,Do not touch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty fond of permalyn lots of coats rubbed in and I'll cut it back with rotten stone before I checker ,then a few coats of sealer ...nothing special just time .
It'll never be for sale ,belonged to my father and will hopefully go to my son or daughter one day ,that being said I could easily be talked into building another

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks CJ

If you do any more projects, please post some pictures again.

Craftsman

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do sir ...I'm trying to tag a woodland caribou with the rifle ,which is now finished

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
I received a reply and some pics from Chris after his Caribou hunt, I've posted it as it came to me via Email, its a bit large and so are the pics but its better to show the detail on this exceptional rifle.....

Roger

Posts: 1029 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
The basically finished rifle...

Roger

Custom knife by Clint Chisan of Alberta with handle from moose shot by Chris years before

Posts: 1029 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding ! Great design, excellent execution. Top notch rust blue. Tell us about the trap buttplate.

Craftsman

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words , the trapdoor butplate, well that's another find from a friend...when you take years to build something these things just kinda turn up !
It was found in a B.C gunshow for short money, I have no idea as to its origin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best Enfield I have ever seen by a wide margin!

Well done Chris, whoever you are!
Big Grin

Posts: 455 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! I would never have imagined that an Enfield could look like that.

Posts: 418 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words !