Who owns this?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3281019521/m/1841044852

20 July 2020, 08:41
cdsx
Who owns this?
quote:
Originally posted by yumastepside:
Some new pics.....of what I think is the most beautiful Enfield I have seen....

Roger

I second that! Chris from Canada is definitely making us look good.
23 July 2020, 22:04
lee440
Just a stunning rifle! Did Chris do the stock from scratch or from an inletted blank? I would love to have some wood run off of that pattern! Does anyone know?

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.
23 July 2020, 23:51
cj dawe
Thanks for the kind words ,I took it from a blank to what it is now its my own thoughts on the speed pattern fit to a #1
24 July 2020, 00:25
cdsx
quote:
Originally posted by cj dawe:
Thanks for the kind words ,I took it from a blank to what it is now its my own thoughts on the speed pattern fit to a #1

My thought is, that your thoughts look eminently marketable. Something to consider.
25 July 2020, 05:19
cj dawe
Thank you,it has been considered for some time actually but being a personal pipe dream it keeps getting put on the back burner
23 December 2020, 02:04
Singleshotlover
That has to be the most stunning Enfield I have ever seen. Crying out for a rust blue finish. And the stock work and that blank are truly beautiful. Kudos to all that made it happen.
And a Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New Year to all. Ho,ho,ho. Frank
23 December 2020, 03:28
Herkimer
quote:
Originally posted by Singleshotlover:
That has to be the most stunning Enfield I have ever seen. Crying out for a rust blue finish. And the stock work and that blank are truly beautiful. Kudos to all that made it happen.
And a Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New Year to all. Ho,ho,ho. Frank

I'll certainly second that, a first-class job in every respect. All the better because it has family history. Well done, Chris!
31 December 2020, 06:42
crbutler
That is a lovely rifle!
01 January 2021, 18:49
cj dawe
Thanks for the kind words everyone ,I hope to finish this rifle before next fall
11 February 2021, 19:50
Craftsman
quote:
Goodness... that has to be one of the most elegant Enfields I have ever seen. Very nice!

Looks to be guild quality design and execution. You should have a pattern made or at least draw a full scale print. I feel a good number of us would buy a print.

Craftsman
15 February 2021, 18:05
Bill/Oregon
I am without words! beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
12 December 2021, 06:02
Craftsman
quote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone ,I hope to finish this rifle before next fall

CJ I was hoping you finished the project ? A few pics would sure be great. Have you ever considered drawing this design with dimensions ?

Craftsman
22 February 2022, 08:07
wymple
Old thread I know, but....

"History is crying out for a really good movie about Teddy Roosevelt. He's only ever been portrayed as a caricature."

I believe I watched a PBS documentary on Teddy that was very flattering. His South American river escapade was pretty touch & go stuff.
12 March 2022, 03:48
cj dawe
Ok guys ,my sincere apologies the rifle is close it's actually enroute to the engraver! ..it got put on the back burner once again because I didn't pull a caribou tag ,but this year I'm high pool so fingers crossed !
Thanks for the interest
21 June 2022, 16:29
cj dawe
And I got my tag !
22 June 2022, 01:14
Mark
Congrats! Also since I didn't ask earlier but where did you get the stock blank from?

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside
22 June 2022, 23:48
cj dawe
The blank came from a good friend in Arizona,other than that I can't say where it originated
05 September 2022, 07:29
Craftsman
CJ I noticed your stock was finished kind of glossy. Then later pics show a nice satin polished wood.

Can you share what typed of finish you used and your technique ?

Craftsman
07 September 2022, 21:14
Eddie Southgate
I'm not what you would call an Enfield fan but If I saw that for sale at a price I could afford I would buy it quick. That is a beauty.

Grumpy old man with a gun,,,,Do not touch.
08 September 2022, 03:58
cj dawe
I'm pretty fond of permalyn lots of coats rubbed in and I'll cut it back with rotten stone before I checker ,then a few coats of sealer ...nothing special just time .
It'll never be for sale ,belonged to my father and will hopefully go to my son or daughter one day ,that being said I could easily be talked into building another
08 September 2022, 06:32
Craftsman
Thanks CJ

If you do any more projects, please post some pictures again.

Craftsman
15 September 2022, 21:51
cj dawe
Will do sir ...I'm trying to tag a woodland caribou with the rifle ,which is now finished
21 September 2022, 14:18
yumastepside
I received a reply and some pics from Chris after his Caribou hunt, I've posted it as it came to me via Email, its a bit large and so are the pics but its better to show the detail on this exceptional rifle.....

Roger
21 September 2022, 14:27
yumastepside
The basically finished rifle...

Roger

Custom knife by Clint Chisan of Alberta with handle from moose shot by Chris years before
22 September 2022, 06:44
Craftsman
Outstanding ! Great design, excellent execution. Top notch rust blue. Tell us about the trap buttplate.

Craftsman
22 September 2022, 15:58
cj dawe
Thank you for the kind words , the trapdoor butplate, well that's another find from a friend...when you take years to build something these things just kinda turn up !
It was found in a B.C gunshow for short money, I have no idea as to its origin
28 September 2022, 15:10
Peter Connan
The best Enfield I have ever seen by a wide margin!

Well done Chris, whoever you are!
Big Grin
01 October 2022, 03:42
setters5
Wow! I would never have imagined that an Enfield could look like that.
03 October 2022, 18:33
cj dawe
Thanks for all the kind words !