Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber of Oregon Carl Gustav
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of littlecanoe
posted
Sorry if this is a double post. Posted already but it didn't show up on the page.

I dropped by a local Pawn and Gun shop today. Know the guys fairly well. I looked down the rack and found a nice little Kimber of Oregon Sporterized Carl Gustav (1915). It's in the original 6.5x55 caliber. The asking price is 450 but he dropped it to 375 without dickering. It is complete with the ramline stock and a dull mat finish.

Looking for any feedback on these Kimbers and maybe a price check. This is the first one that I've seen.

thanks
lc

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I've owned 3 or 4 of them and I'm down to one now.
All of them I did the cock on open (Dayton Traister) conversion and the triggers were swapped out to Timneys and Bolds. Good solid rifles, bolt handles usually need some work, none of mine were tack drivers until I re barreled but definitely hunting accuracy.
Bedding helps the Ramline stock, usually I do expanding foam filler in the barrel channel and then bed with Acra Glass Gel.
I paid $245 to 295$ for each one of mine.
Check the scope mount screws to insure they were drilled in a straight line (seen some problems) and I'd offer 300 if you really want one.
I've had fun playing with mine.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kimber of Oregon didn not make those.. It was the NY maker of Kimbers

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I have one. I like it very much. It's still as they sold them with the 2 stage trigger and and cock on closing. Mine at least is very accurate. It' one of my favorite blacktail rifles.

Kimber of Oregon did make them. They did it when they where in financial trouble prior to the NY sale. The barrel is marked Kimber Clackamas Oregon.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2786 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
I have one. I like it very much. It's still as they sold them with the 2 stage trigger and and cock on closing. Mine at least is very accurate. It' one of my favorite blacktail rifles.

Kimber of Oregon did make them. They did it when they where in financial trouble prior to the NY sale. The barrel is marked Kimber Clackamas Oregon.

Then I stand corrected.. Thank you...

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 113 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 23 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a Kimber '98 conversion in .30'06. Good values for the money IMO.
quote:
Originally posted by mightymouse:

Posts: 113 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 23 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never had one, but I read a magazine test on them when they came out.
The concept was cheap but apparently god value for money.
Oughta be good rifle, if you get one I doubt if you'll sell it.
A pleasant, accurate caliber and the Swedish Carl Gustafs were always renowned for their accuracy.
If I found one, I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat! (If the price is right - can't help you on that one.)

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot

Posts: 552 | Location: Finland | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote