Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x39
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
Would a M93 Spanish take the pressure of a 6.5x39 ?

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesFrom personal experience that might be a toss up. beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
yeah, thats why I asked the question.....the Grendel runs 52k, I think Confused, not sure about a standard case necked down......might have to stick to the standard 7.62 version.

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....after a bit of research, I've found the 260 Bobcat (6.5-250 Savage ), basically a 6.5 in a 22-250 case, bit like an un-improved Creedmoor.
From what I've read, pretty much the same load data as a 250 Sav. for the same bullet weights with probably a nominally lower pressure because of the fractionally larger bullet...only .007.
Apparently it was reasonably popular with the silhouette crowd using 95 gr's and 140's for the pigs.

Roger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you were close by I'd sell you a 6.5/250 I have cheap. It's on a jap with the barrel set back and rechambered, and a reasonable sporter stock. I've shot it a few times, but never did much with it.

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
....always wanted an Arisaka.....one day Roll Eyes

Roger