The Accurate Reloading Forums
Books on sporterizing military rifles?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3281019521/m/1381041981

18 May 2013, 09:29
Brentp
Books on sporterizing military rifles?
Does anyone know of any good books on sporterizing military rifles? I have a couple barreled actions laying around which I am fantasizing about turning into works of art. Specificly a few mausers, a 1903, and a 1917.

Also, any good books with lots of photos of nice looking sporters?

Thanks!
18 May 2013, 23:29
Ole Miss Guy
Here are two that will help you: Gunsmithing by Roy Dunlap; Home Gunsmithing by Tommy Bish. You will have fun and spend more $ than the valueof the finished product. But fun is fun!
19 May 2013, 16:05
jimatcat
Williams sight company had a paperbach booklet about 25 pages or so... " how to convert military rifles"... Last published in the 60;'s i think.. you can find it on amazon or ebay for less than $20... It advertises williams services, but gave good pics and a parts breakdown of quite a few rifles... Lots of info on the 1917 enfields...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis
23 May 2013, 01:03
Brentp
Thanks Guys! Smiler
29 May 2013, 01:51
tin can
quote:
Originally posted by jimatcat:
Williams sight company had a paperbach booklet about 25 pages or so... " how to convert military rifles"... Last published in the 60;'s i think.. you can find it on amazon or ebay for less than $20... It advertises williams services, but gave good pics and a parts breakdown of quite a few rifles... Lots of info on the 1917 enfields...

-'eBay", exactly what I did and what a trip down memory lane they are. I sent away to Williams for a set when I was fourteen and got the same kick out of receiving the pamphlets this time as I did way back thenSmiler

Even using some of the more moderate approaches illustrated in the Williams literature one could put together a very nice shooter today.