THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SPORTERIZED MILITARY RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Sporterized Military Rifles    Books on sporterizing military rifles?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Books on sporterizing military rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know of any good books on sporterizing military rifles? I have a couple barreled actions laying around which I am fantasizing about turning into works of art. Specificly a few mausers, a 1903, and a 1917.

Also, any good books with lots of photos of nice looking sporters?

Thanks!

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are two that will help you: Gunsmithing by Roy Dunlap; Home Gunsmithing by Tommy Bish. You will have fun and spend more $ than the valueof the finished product. But fun is fun!

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Williams sight company had a paperbach booklet about 25 pages or so... " how to convert military rifles"... Last published in the 60;'s i think.. you can find it on amazon or ebay for less than $20... It advertises williams services, but gave good pics and a parts breakdown of quite a few rifles... Lots of info on the 1917 enfields...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys! Smiler

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimatcat:
Williams sight company had a paperbach booklet about 25 pages or so... " how to convert military rifles"... Last published in the 60;'s i think.. you can find it on amazon or ebay for less than $20... It advertises williams services, but gave good pics and a parts breakdown of quite a few rifles... Lots of info on the 1917 enfields...

-'eBay", exactly what I did and what a trip down memory lane they are. I sent away to Williams for a set when I was fourteen and got the same kick out of receiving the pamphlets this time as I did way back thenSmiler

Even using some of the more moderate approaches illustrated in the Williams literature one could put together a very nice shooter today.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote