New
Find
Notify
Tools

damn it dpcd, its all your fault!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was scrolling through the classifieds a few nights ago and saw your post on a small ring mauser barrel in 35 rem. (Now let me add that there were several glass of a good merlot involved). Got me to thinking, " I don't have anything bigger than a 30 cal to go piggy bowling with anymore." (Used to use a 404 Jeffery, damn, I miss that rifle). Next stop, Gunbroker. NEVER GO THERE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING!! Well, up pops a '93 action, charging lips and crest have been ground down, (I can live with that), drilled and tapped (that's worth $80) after market adjustable trigger, cock on open conversion. No one has bid, starting @ $50, no reserve. Buy now price is $100. I didn't "buy now" but did bid $100 thinking the poor guy selling it might get a little more for it. Well guess what, I got it!! To make matters worse, dcpd does not have his barrel any more

Buddy Roberts

Posts: 183 | Location: Bedford, Texas | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, as we said in The Corps, adapt and overcome.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sent a PM; no need to worry. In the Army, we always develop three courses of action with which to respond to any situation.

Posts: 17020 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He might not, but, i'd bet he could get
you another one at a fair price.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4911 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote