Notify
Tools

Feeding issues on Springfield 03A3
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
OK guys, someone educate me because I cannot figure this out. So, here we go:

I have a 7x57 Mauser that is chambered off of an 03A3 Springfield action. What happened was when I removed the bolt from the receiver, it got stuck (just slightly). With more force, I was able to successfully pull it out. Now, when trying to place it back in the receiver, it will not feed.

Essentially, it goes roughly three quarters of the way in, then it stops. There is roughly about half an inch of clearance in front of the bolt face before it closes shut completely, and rotates downward to the closed position. The extractor is in line down the right side of the bolt as it should be (int the proper position). Trust me when I tell you that the bolt is inserted the correct way before you try to feed it.

Any chance any of you guys could possibly guess what is wrong? Someone told me that it needs to be cocked again before trying to feed it? Do any of you happen to have any advice? I would be glad to post a video if needed so you all can see what I am talking about if that helps? I am only a young guy of 37 years of age, (seriously) so I am still trying to figure all of this out. The only way you learn is by asking questions. Next step, is to take it to my gunsmith...

Posts: 602 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Four times.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Apparently others have tried to help with this but I don't see their comments so I'll give you my advice.
It can only be one of these things, you have done something to the magazine cutoff switch or you have reassembled your bolt incorrectly. (cocking piece misaligned ?).
Do you have any other Springfield's to compare it to?
Did you disassemble the magazine and have it interfering with the bolt?
If someone has previously told you that you need to cock the bolt why not do that?
More information would be helpful....

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote