New
Find
Notify
Tools

I flipped to the other side..
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
..I bought a ...er K95 in 7x65R. First time in many years I`ve handled a factory gun that fitted just perfectly. Just 2,4kilo of pure accurate delight.
My Mauser and doublerifle friends has now left me but I have now found so many new friends at BlueOester Bar... Cool Big Grin

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Glad you are happy with your new friends and whatever a K95 is.
Since I do not do mm or kilos, good luck with your new ?????? gun.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gun weighs 5.29 pounds. Ut is a 7 mm or approx .284 x 65 makes it about like a 7 mm-06 and has a rimed case which is what works in single and double rifles.
Maybe a little warmer welcome is in order.

Posts: 42 | Location: SW Ar. | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
..I bought a ...er K95 in 7x65R. First time in many years I`ve handled a factory gun that fitted just perfectly. Just 2,4kilo of pure accurate delight.
My Mauser and doublerifle friends has now left me but I have now found so many new friends at BlueOester Bar... Cool Big Grin

Very nice.

Glad you found a gun.

I have a k95 with 30/06, 308 and 6.5 cm.

I love it. It is crazy accurate.

I have 2 on order at blaser. I will be glad to get them in this lifetime. Blaser does not care about making their best rifle - the k95.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Very nice.

Glad you found a gun.

I have 2 on order at blaser. I will be glad to get them in this lifetime. Blaser does not care about making their best rifle - the k95.

Mike

I had a feeling you would pick-up this thread...lol.

I know Blaser does good with rimless cartridges...but I am more traditionalist here. Rimmed cartridges only on breakactioned guns. A few calibers I would like to add was 7x75 VomHofe...5.6x50R...6,5x65R...or the 6x70R...

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Jens, Congratulations! I have only heard / read good things about the K95. Nice gun by all accounts.

Let us know how you get on with it and what ammo you settle on!

ps 7x65R is a great very versatile bullet!

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2245 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Very nice.

Glad you found a gun.

Mike

I had a feeling you would pick-up this thread...lol.

I know Blaser does good with rimless cartridges...but I am more traditionalist here. Rimmed cartridges only on breakactioned guns. A few calibers I would like to add was 7x75 VomHofe...5.6x50R...6,5x65R...or the 6x70R...

The used market in Europe.

I have been told blaser does not make k95 barrels unless there are 10 firm orders for it. Otherwise they just stock 30/06, 308, 270, 22 hornet.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Neat caliber Jens. Love the 7's. Should be a fine shooter. In case you come across another deal, rimless rounds extract just fine in the K95. Had one in 7X57 rimless.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I just bought one in .308 tu2

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least you found a single shot stalking rifle. It not like you picked up some doctored up Frankenstein transitioning Blaser R8 or T93 off the street.

Posts: 10550 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote