New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Day at the Range
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I worked up a new load for the 338 Lapua. The wind was dead on the spotter group (the one in the black), but it picked up a little and my target stand was not the best for the follow up after scope adjustment. First time I have ever H-1000. 100 grains worth with a Barnes Triple Shock 225 grainer. Did not have my chronograph today, but it should be good for 3000 fps. Makes me happy. I start flinching too much to get any kind of 5 shot group off the bench with that rifle.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornWhat are you going to use that rifle on? fishing Confusedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice work. How many loads did you go through to get that sweetheart. That rig would be powerful medicine on about anything you point it at!

Great work and shooting!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had been really hung up on trying to make H4831 work in this rifle for quite a time. Reloader 25 always did well, but not this well. I had been shooting deer and groundhogs with Hornady 225 spire points that shot allright with H4831. I am impressed with the TSX, as this is my first use of that particular bullet.

The plan is to go to Tanzania next Summer. Will have to see if that pans out, and if so I want to plow some zebras, but in the meantime I will probably shoot a few deer with it this fall. I am not picky when it comes to deer, as long as he or she tastes good. I was so excited I showed my wife the target when I got home and she just asked me if remembered to get cat food at the store on the way home.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesI was oncet married to a gal from Virginia; first family, DAR and all. Married below her station I guess. popcorn fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 390ish:
I was so excited I showed my wife the target when I got home and she just asked me if remembered to get cat food at the store on the way home.

I know that drill.....It's hard for me to get excited cause sheets are on sale at the store on the other hand......

The TSX should be a great all around bullet. In larger calibers, they seem to be damn consistent on terminal performance, and like in your experience, they always seem to shoot great for me.
Good work--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote