New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husquavarna rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am not familiar with Husquavarna rifles. Saw one in the paper, I might go take a look ? Any comments ? Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Husqvarna never made a bad rifle. Some of the best workmanship around and depending on the model, some of the best deals.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
If it is in good shape snap it up!

I have several obtained while stationed in Germany. Great rifles, smooth as butter, and for me a good fit with commercial stock. My go to guns in most cases. Like them so much I am looking for another in .30-06 right now.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted Hide Post
Did someone say if in good condition? I have a Husky in good condition and it will never be for sale expecially that it is in 9,3x62!. However, on the one you are going to see, check it to make sure Babba has not taken a Sears hand drill through the chamber and reciever bolt flange to do the scope base work! Other than that get it. Here in Canada you can buy from import houses very good (second hand) quality for $325 to $395.

Why shall there not be patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world? Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 599 | Location: Canada, NS | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Husqvarna:

As a Swede i would just like to add the following,

Stay away from our Husqvarna gevär, they are a part of Swedish history.

However if you decide that you should have one, and sure they are really some of the best M98 to have, remember that you are part of a heritage that started 1689 in the city of Husqvarna.

One takes on the responsebility to care for and use that rifle for it´s intended purpose, to hunt that is.

All in all, the 9,3x62 and 8x57 are some of the best allround catridges to use on all european and US game.

Best regards to you all, mr Husqvarna aka Chris.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is an older "Crown " model .308 nice wood the seller says. He also says he has never fired a round thru it. His father owned them so now he owns them. This is one he just hasn't shot. Comes with a Leupold 6X scope $600.00. What do you think? He is going to let me look at it when he returns home this evening.

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
If it is a comercial sporting rifle with mounts and scope that seems about right. On the auction sites they run from about $450 with no scope to $700 or more depending on grade and optics.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I have one in a 270, that was originally new around 1960.. the trigger sucks on it.. but that can be easily remedied...

it is an FN action.. and has a lefty Fajen stock, on a right handed action....

Definitely a solid rifle...

I have no plans on ever selling it either...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote