THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    200 Lapua Naturalis and 300RUM..........

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

200 Lapua Naturalis and 300RUM..........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Shot these at the range yesterday in in a custom barreled M700.

They are are a round nose/monometal/plastic tipped projectile......awful looking......but they like to shoot......89grs Re-25 or 94 grs N570 both shot .5-.6 with a sporter weight barrel..............

Yet to try them on game, but from the look of them they will hit HARD Wink

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reference to Viht N570 caught my eye, as for the last 12 months, I have been looking forward to trying it when it became available.

After reading your post I rang Lapua Australia, and found that I will be able source some direct from them.

I note from your post that you are using 5 grains more N570 than RE25 in your 300RUM. Am I correct in assuming that N570 is similar or a tad faster in burning rate to H870 and AR2218?

I do have a 300 RUM barrel that I took off a REM 700SPS, which I subsequently rebarreled to a 7 twist 257W. I will check the Lapua website to view the bullet selection. Brian.

Posts: 66 | Location: Oaklands Park, South Australia | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian,

I rang Custers and ordered it directly from them.

It's a bit slower than RE-25........the N570 load was near max.
H870 is listed at around 103 grains for a max load.....................

The Naturalis is available in 170, 180 and 200 grain in 30 cal'. I just ordered some more Wink

Regards,

Blair.

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blair, Thank you for the info on N570 and the Naturalis.

Sounds like N570 is similar to N170, if it is about 8-9 grains faster burning than H870 in your 300RUM. Anyway I will start low and work up.

I have ordered some Viht N570 and 20N29 from Custers. Regards, Brian.

Posts: 66 | Location: Oaklands Park, South Australia | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Not a problem....

Viht' list it as the same burn rate as N170.

Enjoy.........it sure produced good groups in my rifle! Barrel by Robert Tobler, undersized at .3650 thumb

Cheers,

Blair.

Blair.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just tried the 170 Naturalis on fallow deer.........I think the Finns ( Lapua ) have the it over Barnes!

The 170 Naturalis out of my 300RUM slammed them, without a step........exit wounds were 2-4 inches. Like a Daisy Cutter Big Grin

Blair.