THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    My Tikka T3 likes Hornady Light Mag

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Tikka T3 likes Hornady Light Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted
Gotta like this kind of performance with factory ammo.

No it's not a one hole target. Yes I'd love that (maybe a Cooper one day).

But honestly for a factory gun shooting factory ammo this is better than I would expect.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
I don't think any critter is going to notice the diffrence!
Not a bad group for factory rifle/ammo, in my opion.
My Tikka got even better around 200 rds. or so.
Good luck!

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't happen to chrono that ammo did you??

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kraky:
Didn't happen to chrono that ammo did you??

No I didn't. So honestly I don't know if the stuff makes advertised velocities or not.

I tried the load because I wanted a factory load that shot well in this gun. In my opinion. Mission accomplished.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is nice Big Guy. That is what I call really good accuracy out of a factory rig with factory ammo. Without load development, I don't think you can get a whole lot better without a lot of luck.

Good on ya--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
That is nice Big Guy. That is what I call really good accuracy out of a factory rig with factory ammo. Without load development, I don't think you can get a whole lot better without a lot of luck.

Good on ya--Don

I agree. An exercise in trying to shave another 1/4 MOA off the group would prove extremely frustrating. No doubt some luck would be involved. I honestly don't know if I myself or the rifle itself is capable of it.

It may be interesting to some to note. I did switch from the factory supplied rings to Sako Optilocks (I'd recommend that change to anyone) and I am using a Meopta Meostar 4-16x44mm scope. I'm very happy with the Meopta. I've got Leupold's on everything else and IMHO the Meopta is a serious competitor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot some Hornady light mag's in my 30-06 it was the 150gr.SP innerlocks, they grouped very well. FPS. out of a 22" BBL. 2944 low 2960 high that was 10 shots fired. Adv. velocity was 3100 FPS. It did'nt get that but the groups were good.

6.5 SWEDE

Posts: 185 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6.5 SWEDE:
I shot some Hornady light mag's in my 30-06 it was the 150gr.SP innerlocks, they grouped very well. FPS. out of a 22" BBL. 2944 low 2960 high that was 10 shots fired. Adv. velocity was 3100 FPS. It did'nt get that but the groups were good.

6.5 SWEDE

I suspect the advertized spec on the Hornady 30-06 rounds is based on 24" barrels. If that is truly the case I think what you got is pretty close.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BigGuy, It doesn't mater, they shoot realy good. and the 2960 FPS. I can live with that. have a good one.

6.5 SWEDE.

Posts: 185 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote