Find
Notify
Tools

Bloody hell!!! A $4000 30-40!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of only 475,000 made, "extremely rare"! coffee

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Barnum was rght...One born every minute.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Hey, I have one of the only 5000 calvary carbine made 1898 Krags... If that one is worth $4000.00 with 475,000 made.. then I must be sitting on a gold mine with one that is one of only 5,000 made!!!!

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well $4000 might buy my 30-40k in a Ruger #3. But not with the scope.

Posts: 148 | Location: behind a cabbage plant on a hot August Day | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually I was toying with the idea of getting one of these (not for 4 grand though). Any idea where I can get one? A guy at the range had one. The recoil is minimal and that "magazine" idea is cool and easy to load. No spring pressure to speak of.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a nice bull elk with a borrowed 30-40 Krag carbine about 60 years ago, and it was only worth $22.50 plus postage then..

That old slow moving 220 gr. Corelokt did its job in a hurry..I would love to find another one of those carbines at a reasonable price.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Consider who the seller is. I saw a Ruger #1S in .300 win. Mag. at my nearest Cabala's and they wanted more for that beat up rifle than what I could buy a brand new one for.
Yup, Barnum was right.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That carbine is an M1899, made in 1900 and is the most common of the Krag carbines (or as the ad called it, "carbine-rifle").

It's in nice shape but is not all original. I noticed that the rear sight is not correct. But it is well worth the $399.00 that they're asking.

No, wait. Is that $3990.00? Eeker bsflag

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire2:
Hey, I have one of the only 5000 calvary carbine made 1898 Krags... If that one is worth $4000.00 with 475,000 made.. then I must be sitting on a gold mine with one that is one of only 5,000 made!!!!

DUDE!!! Your sitting on your ticket to get to Africa!! Eeker

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Of the two Krags, I much prefer the M 1912 Norwegian! But I'd look at 4K a long time before I pooped it of on any Krag. But I am not a Krag collector...........

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CARNE:
Well $4000 might buy my 30-40k in a Ruger #3. But not with the scope.

The No. 3 is nice, but I've seen a No. 1A advertised in .30/40. That would be a nice piece to accompany a 1A in 7X57mm. Then add a .45/70, and you'd have all three major rounds used in the Spanish-American War.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
quote:
Originally posted by seafire2:

DUDE!!! Your sitting on your ticket to get to Africa!! Eeker

Aww I have no desire or intention of going to Africa....I'd rather keep the Krag...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Don't fret, there are a few of those deals out there if you miss out on this one. In my quest for a donor .223 action, I stumbled across a used .222 remington 700, minted somewhere in the 80's, stock was pretty well beat, finish was about 80%, but it was a steal at $700.00! I had to pick myself up off the floor after I stopped laughing. The problem is, most of us don't have the cahonies to ask that much for something that is worth so little. Gotta love the PT Barnums of the world.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote