New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser - amazing repeatability
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know people bitch about blaser. But after owning blaser r8 I doubt I will buy another rifle other than a blaser k95 or blaser r8. Maybe an anchultz 1727 in 17 hmr.

I took a blaser professional success in 6.5 creedmoor match barrel with a blaser scope.

I shot one round. Then broken down the rifle - taking off scope, taking off barrel, taking off trigger, taking off bolt housing and finally taking off the bolt head.

I then reassembled the rifle and shot again.

I repeated the break down process 4 times.

I shot a 5 round group of .85 inches. And I was not shooting great today. It was 98 degrees.

Simply amazing engineering where a scope can be taken off and rifle disassembled over and over again and shooting same point of impact and shooting 5 round sub 1 inch groups.

https://i.imgur.com/O6pXYuF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mV35nZw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4MjLHN2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fdjuAMQ.jpg

I was also shooting cheap federal non typical ammo I picked up at academy before going to the range.

Now everyone can go back to hating blasers Wink

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still ugly. dancing

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
They are the most accurate and reliable out of the box rifles in existence.

Bar none.

Oh, yeah. One more thing as for beliefs about ugliness.

I’ll quote Mencken on religion:

“We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.“

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Blaser owners remind me of queers "coming out"!

Who cares!

They have a lack of stability in their lives, and they crave attention! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Blaser owners remind me of queers "coming out"!

Who cares!

They have a lack of stability in their lives, and they crave attention! rotflmo

The attention comes from the world’s best rifle platform dancing

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you have once again managed to get things completely upside down and backwards with your odd psychologizing.

Blaser owners do not seek drama or attention. We seek only reliability and accuracy.

Those virtues are not exciting at all.

Quite the opposite.

Surely you must know that delivering one bullet after another precisely when and where intended is a very dull and boring thing.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Strange. I've been shooting and hunting for almost 50 years. Never have I been in a position where I must disassemble a firearm, reassemble it, and then be forced to take a cold bore shot.

Is this sort of bizarre behavior common among Blaser owners? If so, it would explain a lot.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I know people bitch about blaser. But after owning blaser r8 I doubt I will buy another rifle other than a blaser k95 or blaser r8. Maybe an anchultz 1727 in 17 hmr.

I took a blaser professional success in 6.5 creedmoor match barrel with a blaser scope.

I shot one round. Then broken down the rifle - taking off scope, taking off barrel, taking off trigger, taking off bolt housing and finally taking off the bolt head.

I then reassembled the rifle and shot again.

I repeated the break down process 4 times.

I shot a 5 round group of .85 inches. And I was not shooting great today. It was 98 degrees.

Simply amazing engineering where a scope can be taken off and rifle disassembled over and over again and shooting same point of impact and shooting 5 round sub 1 inch groups.

https://i.imgur.com/O6pXYuF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mV35nZw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4MjLHN2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fdjuAMQ.jpg

I was also shooting cheap federal non typical ammo I picked up at academy before going to the range.

Now everyone can go back to hating blasers Wink

Mike

I get those same results with mine.

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mike does know that we have rifles that shoot 0.02” !

That is trying our best to actually measure the group! rotflmo

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are still an over engineered fugly POS regardless whether they are broken or whole

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Like many of you, I have 100+ rifles in my gun room. I shoot most of them now and then.

That being said - my Blaser R8 is what goes with me all over the world chasing my dreams...

I carry two barrels and a scope for each and I love the breakdown and compact rifle case.

But most of all - I have confidence in the rifle and my ability using the rifle!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Mike does know that we have rifles that shoot 0.02” !

That is trying our best to actually measure the group! rotflmo

True

You spend hours and hours and years and years and know everything about rifles, reloading, shooting and even now making bullets at home.

I know nothing relative to you.

But with my blaser I can shoot 95-97 percent as well and only need a 5mm Allen wrench to swap barrels, Mount new scopes, swap trigger, swap stocks, ect.

And I know you sneak in late at night and shoot your blasers dancing

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those who remember German claw mount scopes, one could easily travel the globe with the scope detached, remount the scope and still maintain sub MOA accuracy. Seems Blaser still has a lot to learn in that department.

New Germans... Roll Eyes

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

I am going to come in with 2 cents....

In my gun roon I have rifles that date from 1907, that I enjoy shooting. I have Mauser 98s and Mauser 66s. I have a couple of Rigbys, some Austrian rifles and one Blaser R8 Professional. I enjoy shooting them all.

IMO the modern Blaser is a oiece of engineering genius, whether you want to disassemble it five, six or a dozen times or just use it as is. Its reliable, its flexible, its a modern 21st C rifle that is pushing the boundries, which I think is great.

I just hope todays youth - that all sport Blasers - one day appreciate the finer points of 19th and 20th century gunmakers and do not condemn all my / our "old" guns to the scrap yard!

Thank heavens for variety and the wide selection on offer! It allows us to bitch, argue and debate on AR jumping jumping

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let them get a little grit in their precious, over-engineered, precision actions and they will get a quick education into the genius of the Mauser/Winchester action.

Blaser is a solution for a problem that didn't exist.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love how it always seems to be those who don't own and shoot and hunt with Blasers that criticize them.

We Blaser owners all seem to be very happy with them. But of course we only own and use and hunt with them, so we could be all wrong.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
I love how it always seems to be those who don't own and shoot and hunt with Blasers that criticize them.

We Blaser owners all seem to be very happy with them. But of course we only own and use and hunt with them, so we could be all wrong.

Funny but true. Opus cant afford a sig pistol bitches about a blaser Big Grin

Last time I checked my new 300 Norma mag barrel it had 100,000 plus serial number. There is no shortage of blaser owners around the world. The r8 is 100k plus in production and will be around for a long time.

Also the r8 sets a high standard for another gun to beat for me. Thinking of getting a 6.5 creedmoor in SAKO TRG 22. But if it does not shoot as good as my blaser I will be disappointed.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also love how Blaser owners think that those of us who do not like Blasers don't have lots of experience with them. There is a reason why many do not like Blasers - it's call experience, well, and taste.

But I am tickled that you like them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike

You know next to nothing compared to 98% of hunters out there. A fool and his money are soon parted.........

There are a slew of rifles that will shoot as well as any Blaser. GAP, McWhorter, Hill Country Rifles, LaRue, customs with Defiance, Bighorn, AI actions, just to name a few.

Keep trying though Beretta, we realize you're doing the best you can.

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grubbs:
quote:

Mike

You know next to nothing compared to 98% of hunters out there. A fool and his money are soon parted.........

There are a slew of rifles that will shoot as well as any Blaser. GAP, McWhorter, Hill Country Rifles, LaRue, customs with Defiance, Bighorn, AI actions, just to name a few.

Keep trying though Beretta, we realize you're doing the best you can.

So... in a single sentence you determined that all of us that own a Blaser product are fools..

Small minds..........

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who represents that Blaser rifles are the most prefect shooting or hunting rifle in existence is a fool. Roll it around in the dirt a bit then see how it functions. I've had a handful of well healed guys who hunt (a far cry from real hunters who happened to be well healed) come into camp proclaiming the same thing. They were proven wrong in short order.

That clown Beretta thinks long range is 300m.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone who represents that Blaser rifles are the most prefect shooting or hunting rifle in existence is a fool. Roll it around in the dirt a bit then see how it functions. I've had a handful of well healed guys who hunt (a far cry from real hunters who happened to be well healed) come into camp proclaiming the same thing. They were proven wrong in short order.

I’m just another contented Blaser owner who enjoys hunting. I’m trying to understand what sort of person rolls their firearms in the mud whether deliberately or accidentally.
It’s a bit like saying push feed actions don’t work so well upside down ??
Personally I’ve yet to meet an unhappy Blaser owner so I’m mystified as to why those that don’t own one need to tell the rest of us how we should feel about our choice.
Apparently many horse owners felt the same about early motor car enthusiasts.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I give a rip how you feel about your Blaser personally. If you haven't gotten a rifle dirty, sandy, dusty, etc while hunting then you haven't hunted much.

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would ask who is the REAL "clown"....

- The guy who joins AR and in less that 60 days and 28 posts is calling people "clowns and fools that don"t hunt much"

---------- OR -----------

Those members that happen own and hunt with a specific manufacturers firearm which in this case happens to be a Blaser product...

I think the answer is clear....

Psychology teaches that when someone resorts to name calling, it usually speaks to feelings of inferiority and a feeling of inadequacy of the person doing the name calling.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I give a rip how you feel about your Blaser personally. If you haven't gotten a rifle dirty, sandy, dusty, etc while hunting then you haven't hunted much.

donttroll

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
quote:

- The guy who joins AR and in less that 60 days and 28 posts is calling people "clowns and fools that don"t hunt much"

Those members that happen own and hunt with a specific manufacturers firearm which in this case happens to be a Blaser product...

Psychology teaches that when someone resorts to name calling, it usually speaks to feelings of inferiority and a feeling of inadequacy of the person doing the name calling.

This is same guy Jgraider.

I asked Saeed Ifnhe banned him. Saeed said no.

So we have

(1) someone so stupid they forgot their ar password after 1000s of posts.

(2) someone so pathetic he did not have the guts to email Saeed and ask for his old password.

(3) a complete insecure loser that he creates a second account and trolls.

(4) so gutless he cannot acknowledge who he his.

But his old legacy was insulting everyone, claiming to be a retired baseball player (and if he played baseball he was probably too stupid to understand how his stats were calculated) and claimed to have greater expertise in optics than Hans Udo Bender.

Trolls and anonymous poster attract the most insecure failures in life. The internet trolling provides some comfort to their otherwise useless life.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike,

That is not true for me.I have several Blaser rifles here.I have not bought a single one of them.

All I got from friends, or through exchanges for rifles I have made.

Frankly, I don't like any of what I think is just p[lain sill "improvements" the bloody Germans seem think about by changing to utterly horrid designs.

Straight bot pull. Silly, and dangerous locking mechanism.

Mauser tried it.

They also had another stupid design - moving action!

I have seen a Blaser lover screw his hunt up so much we had throat and stomach aches for the rest of the day of laughter!

A Blaser is one of two makers who I have had trouble with their rifles having barrels far too small.

he other one was BRNO.

The Blaser was a 375H&H magnum.

Rifle would blow primers on factory ammo.

And I discovered this after finding the fired bullets in or sand trap, and seeing the groove engraving on it.

Made some bullets for him way undersize than normal, and worked fine.

Same goes for the BRNO.

t was in 243 Winchester, and again, was blowing primers with factory ammo, and starting loads.

Did not have my CNC lathe at that time to make special size bullets for my friend.

So we did the next best thing.

We modified a bullet sizing die, so we can squeeze .243 bullets down.

Cannot remember the actual size, but it might have been down to 0.235 or there abouts.

Funny thing is I have never come across an American made rifle having any of these problems.

Lots of the little Austrian and Italian factories do have them.

I build a lot of rifles, and my preferred European action is SAKO.

The best made rifles in Europe.

The Germans make very accurate rifles, but sadly let down by stupid unusability for me.

I have a rifle made by KEPPELER from Germany.

It is in 338 Lapua Magnum.

It is horrible.

Funny straight stock.

One needs to take the stock off to get the bolt out.

It has the most vicious muzzle brake I have ever come across.

I wear both ear plugs, and ear muffs when I shoot here.

With that one, it actually becomes painful shooting it.

The muzzle brake slats point backwards, and blast everything to the side and you as the shooter.

No wonder its owner gave it to me.

Give me a normal bolt action rifle any day.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed can tell if Grubbs is JGRaider -or at least tell us the IP addresses are the same.

If someone loves a Blaser, great. But if they truly were the most accurate action competitive shooters would be using them.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I cannot understand any of that. Especially the .375 part.

I have also heard you criticize Hirtenberger ammunition, and I cannot explain that, either.

I have three Blaser R93s in .375 H&H Mag. (and also .338 Win. Mag., .308 Win., 7mm Rem. Mag., .25-06 Rem., etc. - you know how those Blasers are), and all shoot sub-MOA with just about everything they are fed and no issues whatsoever.

The .375 combo loves the Hirtenberger 272 grain ABC bullet loading. One hole groups.

I have carried that rifle all over Africa, and that rifle and the others, in all calibers and configurations, all over the world, with great success and zero problems.

So, as the old saying about eyewitnesses goes, who am I supposed to believe, your experience, or my own eyes?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beretta, you go girl.......the more you try to be relevant in this domain, the more you fail....it's pure gold.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Doesn't take long at all to figure out who knows what they're doing, and who the pretenders are.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think rolling a rifle in the mud is something pigs and grubs do.
Oh, I see I got that right but just a b short.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think the fool typed the above note.
I have used them in tough places. They work. I have not had an issue. I have issues with Winchester Model 70's twice. I still shoot the M70, but am not taking it on dangerous game.

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Doesn't take long at all to figure out who knows what they're doing, and who the pretenders are.

Look in the mirror....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beretta, you go girl.......the more you try to be relevant in this domain, the more you fail....it's pure gold.

I really hope you are not Jgraider. You are just a worthless troll jgraider hunted some nice mule deers.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I really hope you are not Jgraider. You are just a worthless troll jgraider hunted some nice mule deers.

Mike

Grubbs and JGraider are the same person.

And as we do not allow a stupid idiot to talk to himself on the forums by using two IDs, both are banned.

Childish behavior.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A Blaser may be accurate, but what about the shooter.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:

Dave

Very true - I have many rifles that are capable of much more than I can get out of them!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:

Dave

Very true - I have many rifles that are capable of much more than I can get out of them!

Very true but my blasers outshoot all my other rifles. I probably bias the scale by having my best scopes on my blaser barrels.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whats a blaser Confused

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1502 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote