Find
Notify
Tools

.338 HELP
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Members,

I am not very familiar with Bansner rifles besides being reputable , purchased one from cabelas a .338 Win Mag, I was told that the condition was excellent. Unfortunately nobody could tell me the customization features on the rifle, so I called Bansner and asked the same question, the person told me he could not remember, the only explanation he gave me is that it was an old rifle, probably 10 years old and that the new ones are a lot better than the old ones!!!

If anyone can help me with some more info, I would really appreciate any help.

The rifle is viewable at http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun...sp?hierarchyId=10473

Thank you,
Roland

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The shop that built it can't give you a basic idea of how it was built?

I'd call back and ask to speak to someone intelligent.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a TV piece that was 30 minutes long touring the Bansner plant. It is a small but very quality oriented company. They make their own stocks by the way. If your gun is the one Cabelas has for $2800, I would think it is a good deal. Hendershot's in Hancock, MD is stocking a few new Bansner rifles and getting $5K + for them.
I would certainly buy it before some of the more popular known makers such as Brown or H&S that cost $2500 to $3500.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most of my rifles are more then 10 years old and shoot right to the point I ame at.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland1 is this the rifle in question?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
Roland1 is this the rifle in question?

Yes this is the rifle, I put a down payment on it. Still waiting for some more info.

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland...stop worrying about whether the rifle has this or that...that rifle is going to be damned accurate and you will be plenty satisfied. I don't care if it was built 10 yrs ago or 3 yrs ago...its a high quality rifle that will shoot better than most people can. I have been to his shop and have a custom Ruger 35 Whelen he built up for me about 12 yrs ago...he is top notch. Nothing leaves his shop unless it is a shooter...then or now. Back then his top of the line hand tuned rifles were around $2500-2800 all built by him, now yes he commands upwards of $5000 plus with VERY LITTLE difference (his own actions)and mostly built by his smiths. You are getting a top of the line rifle for a lot less than someone ordering one today...be happy. BTW, a good portion of the elevated cost of one of his rifles today are due to his world-wide notoriety as being one of the best built rifles in the world. Let us know how you like it when you get it and shoot it.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote