New
Find
Notify
Tools

VV N555 in the 9.3x62?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’m wondering if this new powder will perform similarly to RL17 in the 9.3x62? It’s another high energy powder that is temperature stable. Vihta Vuori says it’s between N550 and N160, so maybe it’s akin to the 4831 burn speed. Ramshot hunter is right in there, and you can get close to 2500fps with 286’s and ‘06 pressures with that powder.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Ramshot hunter? Never known anyone to use that in the 9.3. A lot use Big Game (i do) with great results. Get 2500 easy with a 286 north fork out of a 25” barrel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Ramshot hunter? Never known anyone to use that in the 9.3. A lot use Big Game (i do) with great results. Get 2500 easy with a 286 north fork out of a 25” barrel.

I think I got them confused.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote